Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i told my 3 friends how much i have saved and they all said wow that’s a lot (for our age, no job). Then my friend told my other friend on the way home.

Is telling people your savings a bad thing? I regret saying it and I feel like i could get evil eye from it. My parents always taught me to keep it private but in the moment I just said it. One of my friends can get jealous from me at times so i just really regret telling them, and i don’t want other people finding out and saying “oh you’re not broke you’re rich you have x amount” when really that’s my savings since I am actually much broker than everyone else, hence why I’m stingy on my money and only spend it when necessary.
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
avoid op, these things are important and sensitive life decisions
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
avoid op, these things are important and sensitive life decisions
You’re right. I thought it was just me that was private on these matters but guess not. Next time I guess I’ll just avoid the question or ignore it
jh1670
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I mean, I personally wouldn't share that information but Idk why your supposed 'friends' have to make you feel bad about it? If my friend told me how much money they'd saved I'd probably have a more 'good for you!' attitude about it, and I'd feel kinda happy that they feel comfortable sharing that info with me. In any case, there's no point in regretting it bc it's already done, so just be a bit more careful with who you tell in the future. For now, just don't mention it again with this friend group and the topic will eventually go away.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jh1670)
I mean, I personally wouldn't share that information but Idk why your supposed 'friends' have to make you feel bad about it? If my friend told me how much money they'd saved I'd probably have a more 'good for you!' attitude about it, and I'd feel kinda happy that they feel comfortable sharing that info with me. In any case, there's no point in regretting it bc it's already done, so just be a bit more careful with who you tell in the future. For now, just don't mention it again with this friend group and the topic will eventually go away.
thanks for the advice! Majority of my friends did say “wow good on you, what am i doing with my life” (in a jokey way - they don’t save) but it’s just that one friend. If i make a common “you’re too rich for us” joke to take the mick or something i KNOW she’ll say “aren’t you the person with x amount in your savings”. But yeah I’ll just avoid the topic of money all around.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How much did you save anonymously?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads