Nadi09
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys I'm doing a retake of Gcse english lang this November and I'm in need for some advice on creative writing to reach the top bands
FireonIce
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
So I was in top set for english for GCSE, so I may be able to help you in some way. Perhaps prepare some ideas for stories in advance? What I mean by this, is maybe prepare some sentences before you actually write the story? Or maybe have some idea of how your characters will be like in your story beforehand? Obviously use a lot of techniques in your answer and I think you will smash it! There are a lot of videos out there on YouTube (have you ever heard of Mr Bruff?) And I am sure your teacher will always be happy to support you!

I hope that helped in some way lol
good luck!
Nadi09
Rep:
(Original post by FireonIce)
So I was in top set for english for GCSE, so I may be able to help you in some way. Perhaps prepare some ideas for stories in advance? What I mean by this, is maybe prepare some sentences before you actually write the story? Or maybe have some idea of how your characters will be like in your story beforehand? Obviously use a lot of techniques in your answer and I think you will smash it! There are a lot of videos out there on YouTube (have you ever heard of Mr Bruff?) And I am sure your teacher will always be happy to support you!

good luck!
hey there thanks so much! I've kinda attempted to write a story beforehand, ill tag you in the thread- please please critique me with no mercy!
Nadi09
Rep:

good luck!
My hands went clammy, my face was dripping with sweat. The panting of my heart became more and more audible.
“Ava?”
“Ava!”
I cried out her name as some sort of effort to find her, however deep down I knew it was futile. It became harder and harder to breathe, my lungs burned like fire and every step I took felt like a ton of weight forced on top of me
“ma’am are you okay?”
“What’s wrong with her?”…

It was a hot summers day. The beaked chorus of birds filled the air and I could feel the warm wind caress my face. The park was dynamic as usual. I was like a puddle of water waiting to be enveloped by the scorching sun. The smell of freshly, grilled sausages lingered in the air, making my stomach churn. The dainty fluttering of butterflies made me feel so… At peace. All the memories from my childhood flooded back to me – a reminder of the vulnerable nature of children. The loud laughter of these tiny beings brought me back to reality, and I could feel Ava's soft innocence hands grip hold of me, ensuring me of her safety.
We were now on the swings- her miniature legs were swaying to the rhythm of the wind: back-and-forth, back-and-forth.
"Higher, higher!" she shrieked.
She was so convulsed with laughter even I let out a chuckle. I slowed down the pace, and the motion of the swing followed suit - it began to relax, along with Ava.

It's took just one phone call that was it-one, ten ,second phone call.
FireonIce
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nadi09)
My hands went clammy, my face was dripping with sweat. The panting of my heart became more and more audible.
“Ava?”
“Ava!”
I cried out her name as some sort of effort to find her, however deep down I knew it was futile. It became harder and harder to breathe, my lungs burned like fire and every step I took felt like a ton of weight forced on top of me
“ma’am are you okay?”
“What’s wrong with her?”…

It was a hot summers day. The beaked chorus of birds filled the air and I could feel the warm wind caress my face. The park was dynamic as usual. I was like a puddle of water waiting to be enveloped by the scorching sun. The smell of freshly, grilled sausages lingered in the air, making my stomach churn. The dainty fluttering of butterflies made me feel so… At peace. All the memories from my childhood flooded back to me – a reminder of the vulnerable nature of children. The loud laughter of these tiny beings brought me back to reality, and I could feel Ava's soft innocence hands grip hold of me, ensuring me of her safety.
We were now on the swings- her miniature legs were swaying to the rhythm of the wind: back-and-forth, back-and-forth.
"Higher, higher!" she shrieked.
She was so convulsed with laughter even I let out a chuckle. I slowed down the pace, and the motion of the swing followed suit - it began to relax, along with Ava.

It's took just one phone call that was it-one, ten ,second phone call.
That is incredible! If you write like that in the exam, I am sure you will ace it!
Nadi09
Rep:
That is incredible! If you write like that in the exam, I am sure you will ace it!
aha are you sure? how do ou think i should proceed from here the context is a woman who has lost her daughter at a park
FireonIce
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you could do a paragraph from the daughters perspective and how she feels? Maybe a flashback of what caused her to get lost in the first place?

Obviously just an idea... let me know how it goes!
Nadi09
Rep:
Maybe you could do a paragraph from the daughters perspective and how she feels? Maybe a flashback of what caused her to get lost in the first place?

Obviously just an idea... let me know how it goes!
ooh ok i like that!
FireonIce
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nadi09)
ooh ok i like that!
glad I could help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.63%
Okay (119)
29.38%
A bit lacking (154)
38.02%
Not good at all (93)
22.96%

Watched Threads