best time to start revision

Watch this thread
Totallyridic
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
ive searched websites to try and find the best time to start revision yet i could never quite understand when is the best time to start, (like now? february? march?)
so for those doing exams in june this year when do you think you will start to revise and those who have already done exams, when do you recommend we start?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
I'm in yr10 so slightly younger but I revise for EOT every half term, and when I have to start revising for the proper public exams I'll have a list of notes that I've gathered in my previous revisions so it would be easier to revise.
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I'm in yr10 so slightly younger but what I do is revise for EOTs every half term so when it gets to the proper public exams I'll have all the notes from my previous revisions to refer to and therefore make it easier to revise.
stillcrying
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
No time like the present; if you start earlier, you'll be a lot less stressed when your exams come around in May, that's all I can say. But don't go overboard, I'd say do between 1 and 2/3 hours a night and make sure to have time to do your hobbies. Seneca Learning really helped for my revision in Year 11!
Last edited by stillcrying; 6 months ago
nsnsjss
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
i don't know how it goes for the sciences but for humanities i recommend taking notes starting jan or feb (that is if you have absolutely no real content notes on the subject already). i get really motivated after finishing exams or jan exams results day. Do one page a day, or 5 pages on one day and 0 the next. that way you finish the note taking process gradually. Then end of april work on your flashcards, memorising, exercises, timeline...these will reinforce your memory when doing mocks and anyway some of it went in your head the whole time you were taking notes.

however if you have no exams in jan to study for, you can just start now anyway. do revision when you're halfway - towards the end of the syllabus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
40.57%
The paper was reasonable (98)
46.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
8.02%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.19%

Watched Threads