The Student Room Group

Politics or not?

Currently, I study Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Physics for A-levels.
I used to enjoy physics but now I’ve lost interest in it, and I think I don’t want to do Physics anymore because it started to make me stressed and often sad.
Instead, I want to replace it with politics.

I know I could probably just go with 3 A levels but I want more options in the future.
I’ve started to think about a degree and career in politics or something biology and chemistry related.

I was wondering if this is a good choice or not? And if with these choices, I could do a degree in politics/biology-chemistry related degrees?

Thanks
Original post by Awetodon
Currently, I study Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Physics for A-levels.
I used to enjoy physics but now I’ve lost interest in it, and I think I don’t want to do Physics anymore because it started to make me stressed and often sad.
Instead, I want to replace it with politics.

I know I could probably just go with 3 A levels but I want more options in the future.
I’ve started to think about a degree and career in politics or something biology and chemistry related.

I was wondering if this is a good choice or not? And if with these choices, I could do a degree in politics/biology-chemistry related degrees?

Thanks

I dont know your particular case but I would suggest History. With that subject, you can explore many options within science and non-science areas.

If you are interested in going into politics or a political career, I’d suggest studying Modern History, Classics, PPE, HSPS or other subjects. Good luck
You will need an essay-based subject to do Politics or History at degree level at a sensible Uni.
However you dont need a Politics degree to work in politics or a goverment dept.

Joint degrees in Poltics and STEM are not very likely as they are totally unrelated subjects.
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
I dont know your particular case but I would suggest History. With that subject, you can explore many options within science and non-science areas.

If you are interested in going into politics or a political career, I’d suggest studying Modern History, Classics, PPE, HSPS or other subjects. Good luck

Thank you for responding 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You will need an essay-based subject to do Politics or History at degree level at a sensible Uni.
However you dont need a Politics degree to work in politics or a goverment dept.

Joint degrees in Poltics and STEM are not very likely as they are totally unrelated subjects.

I see…
I don’t think I’m going to/wasn’t planning to do a joint degree anyways.
I also do geography though, so wouldn’t that count as an essay-based subject?

Thanks for responding 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest