SomeOG
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I defo failed it, like I'm dead sure. I revised for 5 hours.
Dominininc
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Mocks dont matter but make sure you learn from it
SomeOG
Rep:
(Original post by Dominininc)
Mocks dont matter but make sure you learn from it
Are you sure? cuz they said that this decides if you do higher or foundation and I don't want to be in the foundation.
But I'll defo learn from it.
I'mnotginger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SomeOG)
I defo failed it, like I'm dead sure. I revised for 5 hours.
Try not to measure your revision in time. Instead, measure what type of revision you did exactly. For example, was it practise questions and past papers or staring at some formulas and skipping questions you can't do?
Last edited by I'mnotginger; 1 month ago
Dominininc
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you sure? cuz they said that this decides if you do higher or foundation and I don't want to be in the foundation.
But I'll defo learn from it.
Maybe doing the foundation paper may be better so that you dont fail idk, think about getting a tutor to help you.
SomeOG
Rep:
(Original post by I'mnotginger)
Try not to measure your revision in time. Instead, measure what type of revision you did exactly. For example, was it practise questions and past papers or staring at some formulas and skipping questions you can't do
I did a past paper and any questions I skipped I watched videos on to do it. Then, I completed the question. But after finishing the whole paper I just didn't feel like it worked so what I did was watch the maths genie vids.
SomeOG
Rep:
Maybe doing the foundation paper may be better so that you dont fail idk, think about getting a tutor to help you.
The foundation paper is too easy, in my mocks I think i got a 6
I'mnotginger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did a past paper and any questions I skipped I watched videos on to do it. Then, I completed the question. But after finishing the whole paper I just didn't feel like it worked so what I did was watch the maths genie vids.
Do you know about the GCSE Maths Tutor guy on YouTube? I find him really helpful- he does walk-thrus of questions and explains them really well. He helped me get an 8 on my mock!
SomeOG
Rep:
Do you know about the GCSE Maths Tutor guy on YouTube? I find him really helpful- he does walk-thrus of questions and explains them really well. He helped me get an 8 on my mock!
What else helped you get an 8?
Dominininc
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I know this isnt directed at me but looks at the physicsandmathstutor.com for practice questions and notes on gcse maths.
I'mnotginger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The maths genie booklets and then marking it to work on my mistakes. I also go to the after school maths revision sessions my school runs on a Monday where I ask my teacher any questions I have. I'll be honest, the mock I did wasn't too difficult so pls don't compare your result with mine as you probably took a much more difficult exam than me.
Last edited by I'mnotginger; 1 month ago
SomeOG
Rep:
I know this isnt directed at me but looks at the physicsandmathstutor.com for practice questions and notes on gcse maths.
The maths genie booklets and then marking it to work on my mistakes. I also go to the after school maths revision sessions my school runs on a Monday where I ask my teacher any questions I have. I'll be honest, the mock I did wasn't too difficult so pls don't compare your result with mine as you probably took a much more difficult exam than me.
Alright thanks, I'll try to use both and hopefully get a better score on my paper 2 and paper 3.
Last edited by SomeOG; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads