The Student Room Group

bubble tea.

Has anyone had bubble tea and what did they think?
Original post by Kutie Karen
Has anyone had bubble tea and what did they think?

What in earth is 'bubble tea'? Is that Tetley's that's gone a bit wrong?
Reply 2
It’s like eating glass beads, just as bad that they take absolutely ages to digest, many stories about people having stomachs pumped after having too much.
Yeah but only in my country where it’s £1 for a cup. £4 for one in the uk is a rip off. I think it’s pretty good as it was invented in my country lol.
Original post by Reality Check

It’s when kids blow bubble into their tea with straws.
What does this taste like?

Original post by Reality Check

Lol. PG tips for me.
Reply 6
What does this taste like?

Lol. PG tips for me.

I’ve never understood why PG tips tastes sweet?
Original post by hungrysalamander
Yeah but only in my country where it’s £1 for a cup. £4 for one in the uk is a rip off. I think it’s pretty good as it was invented in my country lol.

what is it exactly?
Original post by hungrysalamander
It’s when kids blow bubble into their tea with straws.

I almost believed you then :laugh:
what is it exactly?

Milk, tea, ice and whatever you want to add to it.
It's perfumed tea with Tapioca balls in which can either have their natural taste or be fruit flavoured. It's like drinking tea with jelly in it!
I'd stick to PG, Yorkshire or Tetley!
Reply 11
It is really nice tbh. I make mine at home because I can make it to my taste :smile:
It’s delicious. Warm jasmine oolong milk boba tea is the best.

Brown sugar boba japanese-style soufflés are also fantastic.
But there’s a big difference between the cheap bubble teas with bright colours: the pearls are stuck together and hard to chew and can affect digestion.

Pricier ones are worth it as they are soft and you can taste real brown sugar grains.
i guess it depends but i loved it, its like ice tea and quite refreshing. the bubbles though (which were like grapes or rubbery small balls filled with liquid flavor) weren't that great I mean they are an awkward texture and kind of pop in your mouth and plus there are so many of them but i understand why some peoole might light it.
Original post by Nobody2u
It's perfumed tea with Tapioca balls in which can either have their natural taste or be fruit flavoured. It's like drinking tea with jelly in it!
I'd stick to PG, Yorkshire or Tetley!

thanks. Is it like tapiocca pudding?
Original post by brjf
It’s like eating glass beads, just as bad that they take absolutely ages to digest, many stories about people having stomachs pumped after having too much.

I am confused. why does it like glass beads? I thought somone mentioned it was like tapiaco which is squiggy.
I am confused. why does it like glass beads? I thought somone mentioned it was like tapiaco which is squiggy.

It's squiggly balls with a liquid filling that float around in the tea. Very peculiar!
What is the liquid filling consist of? Have you tried bubble tea at all?

Quick Reply