The Student Room Group

Reusing Personal Statement

Hi guys - I’m going to reapply for uni soon, and wonder if it’s suitable to reuse my personal statement from last year, or if that’s something they could pick up and would possibly hinder my chance at being accepted?

It was entirely my decision to not go this year, so the application itself wasn’t the reason I didn’t get any offers - just wonder if I should completely rewrite the personal statement?

TIA
You can reuse the personal statement, just update it to include anything new you've done.
Original post by jeremy9600
Hi guys - I’m going to reapply for uni soon, and wonder if it’s suitable to reuse my personal statement from last year, or if that’s something they could pick up and would possibly hinder my chance at being accepted?

It was entirely my decision to not go this year, so the application itself wasn’t the reason I didn’t get any offers - just wonder if I should completely rewrite the personal statement?

TIA

Hey @jeremy9600,

Be sure to proof read your statement, and perhaps update it with what you have been doing for the previous year. Have you done some work experience which you could add - or are there some extra curricula activities which are worth mentioning? Also, ensure that you don't have any phrases like "last year I studied...", because that would be outdated.

Best of luck!
Nathan
UKC Rep
Reply 3
Thank you guys! Will take advice onboard. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending