Unigal1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently graduated from my Masters. Spent a lot of time applying for civil service jobs and grad schemes.

Got to interview stage for a HMRC job that I really wanted with 7 positions going in that particular office, but got an email today saying I’ve been placed on the reserve list for 12 months.

What are the chances of being offered a role and possible timeframes for that happening? Has anyone had any experience with this and could impart some knowledge? I’m really keen to start my career. Of course I have other applications but I had a lot of hopes for this one.

Thanks in advance ☺️
Dgeo
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unigal1998)
Recently graduated from my Masters. Spent a lot of time applying for civil service jobs and grad schemes.

Got to interview stage for a HMRC job that I really wanted with 7 positions going in that particular office, but got an email today saying I’ve been placed on the reserve list for 12 months.

What are the chances of being offered a role and possible timeframes for that happening? Has anyone had any experience with this and could impart some knowledge? I’m really keen to start my career. Of course I have other applications but I had a lot of hopes for this one.

Thanks in advance ☺️
Hi I was on a reserve list for 5 months before I got a provisional offer. They have a huge recruitment drive at the moment so almost all candidates go on a reserve and depending on how well you scored they will get round to you at some stage. You can check your scores and feedback in the cs portal. Hopefully you won’t be waiting too long. There are lots of threads on here for hmrc with people timeline! I found it very encouraging to read through them. Good luck.
psych95
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Unigal1998)

Thanks in advance ☺️
Just a quick tip
You can email them and ask for what number you are on the reserve list
It can give you a rough idea of how many people are ahead or behind your position
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.58%
Yes - a trusted person (108)
26.28%
No (113)
27.49%
I'm not sure (52)
12.65%

Watched Threads