Imperial Computing Undergraduate Admissions Test 2022

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone received an email yet, inviting them for the computing undergraduate admissions test?
PBE4L
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
not yet,, i'm still waiting too loool
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PBE4L)
I think some people have been sent an email for a test which happens tomorrow. But I just heard it from someone so don't take my statement for definite.
thinkingsoldier
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PBE4L)
Same, when did you guys apply?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think some people have been sent an email for a test which happens tomorrow. But I just heard it from someone so don't take my statement for definite.
ohhh cool, good luck to them sha
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thinkingsoldier)
Same, when did you guys apply?
i applied on the 13th oct , wbu?
thinkingsoldier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PBE4L)
i applied on the 13th oct , wbu?
Way back in September. I'm international but I doubt it matters
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thinkingsoldier)
Way back in September. I'm international but I doubt it matters
I think the admissions test emails will be delivered soon. Because they normally get sent out around this date and beginning of November most years. Do you know if everyone gets a chance to do the test or only certain people due to their personal statement being to a good standard?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think the admissions test emails will be delivered soon. Because they normally get sent out around this date and beginning of November most years. Do you know if everyone gets a chance to do the test or only certain people due to their personal statement being to a good standard?
they should let everyone do the test? my personal statement was cheeks and i applied in december, but they still sent it through
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PBE4L)
they should let everyone do the test? my personal statement was cheeks and i applied in december, but they still sent it through
December? Have u applied before?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
December? Have u applied before?
yeah loooool i got rejected
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PBE4L)
yeah loooool i got rejected
Which computing course did you apply for this year?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which computing course did you apply for this year?
the basic Meng one,, wbu?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PBE4L)
the basic Meng one,, wbu?
The software engineering one. Wait so I’m assuming have you done the admissions test before?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The software engineering one. Wait so I’m assuming have you done the admissions test before?
yeahh,, it's not hard, just weird timing tbh
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PBE4L)
yeahh,, it's not hard, just weird timing tbh
What kinda questions is it like? Is it maths based or some computer science questions?
PBE4L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What kinda questions is it like? Is it maths based or some computer science questions?
it's like AS maths? there's like a few logic and sequence questions.....it might depend tho bc apparently theres different tests for people who haven't studied computing before....but yeah recursion and maths and logic, nothing about ram and rom tho dw
_Mortex_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone received an email yet, inviting them for the computing undergraduate admissions test?
Nope, still waiting, hopefully they dispatch the emails soon
Cs115
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I applied october 11th for JMC havent got anything. I had very little abt cs in my personal statement so I hope its mainly based off the test lol
thinkingsoldier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
From https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...puter-science/

"Applicants demonstrating sufficient potential will be invited to complete an online admissions test, which will test their logical, reasoning and problem-solving skills. No prior preparation is required for the test. The test will include a practice session, and should not take more than 90 minutes."

So I think they do take a first look at our applications, so it might take a while
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.52%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.04%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.12%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.25%
Getting distracted (22)
14.97%
Procrastination (55)
37.41%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads