The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Computing Undergraduate Admissions Test 2022

Has anyone received an email yet, inviting them for the computing undergraduate admissions test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
not yet,, i'm still waiting too loool
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PBE4L

I think some people have been sent an email for a test which happens tomorrow. But I just heard it from someone so don't take my statement for definite.
Original post by PBE4L

Same, when did you guys apply?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I think some people have been sent an email for a test which happens tomorrow. But I just heard it from someone so don't take my statement for definite.

ohhh cool, good luck to them sha
Reply 5
Original post by thinkingsoldier
Same, when did you guys apply?

i applied on the 13th oct :smile:, wbu?
Original post by PBE4L
i applied on the 13th oct :smile:, wbu?

Way back in September. I'm international but I doubt it matters
Reply 7
Original post by thinkingsoldier
Way back in September. I'm international but I doubt it matters

I think the admissions test emails will be delivered soon. Because they normally get sent out around this date and beginning of November most years. Do you know if everyone gets a chance to do the test or only certain people due to their personal statement being to a good standard?
Reply 8
I think the admissions test emails will be delivered soon. Because they normally get sent out around this date and beginning of November most years. Do you know if everyone gets a chance to do the test or only certain people due to their personal statement being to a good standard?

they should let everyone do the test? my personal statement was cheeks and i applied in december, but they still sent it through
Reply 9
Original post by PBE4L
they should let everyone do the test? my personal statement was cheeks and i applied in december, but they still sent it through

December? Have u applied before?
Reply 10
December? Have u applied before?

yeah loooool i got rejected
Original post by PBE4L
yeah loooool i got rejected

Which computing course did you apply for this year?
Reply 12
Which computing course did you apply for this year?

the basic Meng one,, wbu?
Original post by PBE4L
the basic Meng one,, wbu?

The software engineering one. Wait so I’m assuming have you done the admissions test before?
Reply 14
The software engineering one. Wait so I’m assuming have you done the admissions test before?

yeahh,, it's not hard, just weird timing tbh
Original post by PBE4L
yeahh,, it's not hard, just weird timing tbh

What kinda questions is it like? Is it maths based or some computer science questions?
Reply 16
What kinda questions is it like? Is it maths based or some computer science questions?

it's like AS maths? there's like a few logic and sequence questions.....it might depend tho bc apparently theres different tests for people who haven't studied computing before....but yeah recursion and maths and logic, nothing about ram and rom tho dw
Has anyone received an email yet, inviting them for the computing undergraduate admissions test?

Nope, still waiting, hopefully they dispatch the emails soon
Reply 18
I applied october 11th for JMC havent got anything. I had very little abt cs in my personal statement so I hope its mainly based off the test lol
From https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/computing-department/mathematics-computer-science/

"Applicants demonstrating sufficient potential will be invited to complete an online admissions test, which will test their logical, reasoning and problem-solving skills. No prior preparation is required for the test. The test will include a practice session, and should not take more than 90 minutes."

So I think they do take a first look at our applications, so it might take a while

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending