The Student Room Group

Spaniards on Scotland

Hey, Im currently starting bachillerato and I haven't quite understood how to get into scotish unis. Can I do the SQA? Should I? Whats SQA S(x)?
What do you mean can you do the SQA? The SQA is an exam board from my knowledge and it controls the qualifications Scottish students sit (nat 5, higher and adv higher). Scottish students typically sit highers which they need to get into university.
Reply 2
Original post by NellyCormack04
What do you mean can you do the SQA? The SQA is an exam board from my knowledge and it controls the qualifications Scottish students sit (nat 5, higher and adv higher). Scottish students typically sit highers which they need to get into university.

Yea, I discovered that later, but I still dont understand what it is. They ask for a SQA Highers: AAAA - AAAB (achievement by end of S5 preferred). What does that mean? Whats S5? What hear olds attend them?
Original post by Kasver
Yea, I discovered that later, but I still dont understand what it is. They ask for a SQA Highers: AAAA - AAAB (achievement by end of S5 preferred). What does that mean? Whats S5? What hear olds attend them?

S5 is 5th year of secondary school. Usually sat at 16/17years old.
You will need to look at the international entry requirements for the courses you are looking at to see what they require from you with your Bachillerato.
I link Edinburgh’s page of general entry requirements for those with Spanish qualifications: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/european-union-undergraduate-entry-requirements/m-s/spain

Quick Reply

Latest