Reapplying with a different personal statement

Watch
Jackreah219
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there, so I applied for a course at Oxford last Friday in time for the October 15th deadline. However, I have for the longest time thought about whether it was the right course. I'm now having serious doubts, and really want to change to another course at a different uni (LSE) later this cycle. Is there any way I can withdraw or cancel my application to oxford, and apply to LSE with a different personal statement. Bear in mind I am still within 7 days of submitting my application. Thanks
cl3o3007
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jackreah219)
Hey there, so I applied for a course at Oxford last Friday in time for the October 15th deadline. However, I have for the longest time thought about whether it was the right course. I'm now having serious doubts, and really want to change to another course at a different uni (LSE) later this cycle. Is there any way I can withdraw or cancel my application to oxford, and apply to LSE with a different personal statement. Bear in mind I am still within 7 days of submitting my application. Thanks
You can definitely substitute your Oxford app for LSE. Do you have 5 choices for UCAS? I do know that you can only have 1 personal statement for all UCAS apps, I don't think you can edit your personal statement once you've submitted. Maybe contact UCAS?
grey-giraffe
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is this through UCAS? If so, contact them about wanting to switch a course you've chosen. Not sure if they'll let you change the personal statement, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads