Should I apply to a uni with a below one grade entry requirements?

Watch
Ndexter456
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently in year 13 and Predicted an AAB (I think I may be able to persuade my teacher to bump my B to an A due to just getting an A in their mock). This may not work, One of the courses I plan to apply for is Politics with Economics at the University of Bath with Entry Requirements of AAA or A*AB. My question is whether I should even include it in my one of my 5 choices or just leave it out?

Any advice would be greatly apricated.
Last edited by Ndexter456; 1 month ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ndexter456)
Currently in year 13 and Predicted an AAB (I think I may be able to persuade my teacher to bump my B to an A due to just getting an A in their mock). This may not work, One of the courses I plan to apply for is Politics with Economics at the University of Bath with Entry Requirements of AAA or A*AB. My question is whether I should even include it in my one of my 5 choices or just leave it out?

Any advice would be greatly apricated.
1. If you don't apply vtou have zero chance of getting an offer.

2. The objective is to get 2+ offers that you like, not to get all 5 offers.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Apply.
One or two 'above' choices is always worthwhile - if you dont apply you'll always wonder what might have happened if only you had.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Definitely apply. If you get five offers back you probably weren’t aiming high enough.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
1. If you don't apply vtou have zero chance of getting an offer.

2. The objective is to get 2+ offers that you like, not to get all 5 offers.
I agree you should go for it as long as you meet any specific subject requirement. For Economics most places have a Mths requirement. If you dont meet it the it is a likely rejection.
Cote1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
A relative applied for two universities last year with a predicted grade with one grade below the requirement and got offers (at the required grade level).
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As long as it’s not your only choice you might get an offer it can’t hurt to try but don’t over shoot and do all 5 of your choices like that and please make sure you like your first and insurance so many people seem to change their mind when they don’t get their first choice because they don’t like their insurance it’s stupid. Why apply if you don’t like the place. Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.8%
Okay (106)
29.69%
A bit lacking (130)
36.41%
Not good at all (86)
24.09%

Watched Threads