Weight loss- FAST

Watch
This discussion is closed.
tantania
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Mod edit: for any concerns around eating please contact BEAT https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....now/helplines/

Hii, so I really need to get down to 39kg in a month, I'm 155cm tall and 14, that's the weight i look best in and i really want to get back to it. I'm currently 41-42kg ! I'm doing fasting + calorie deficit atm and i'm starting to do exercise to but is there anything else I should be doing to speed up the process? Idrc if it's unhealthy, thank you!
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why do you need to get it down in a month? And losing 39kg in one month is massive and very unlikely to happen using healthy habits. Unless you're dangerously overweight, there is no need to lose that much weight and especially in such little and unrealistic timeframes. Don't risk your health just to look "good".
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello, what is this "need" to lose weight, especially that you already have a pretty low body mass?
At 14 (I assume this is your age) your body is still growing; it is a particularly important part of your life in terms of growing and developing to become a healthy adult (physically and mentally), you are supposed to be growing and gaining weight at this time! Restricting your intake and doing too much exercise now will mess with your future body/health, you won't develop as you should, there will be all sorts of negative impacts on your health which will be so much harder to fix later on in life (as opposed to never restricting, and therefore never getting these issues in the first place). The future you will care if what you are doing now is unhealthy or not. You could end up being hospitalised, or even dying.
Try to focus on developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in which you fuel yourself properly and have a healthy relationship with food and exercise. You are at the one of most important stages in life for growing, so make sure that you make this possible for yourself, in order to develop as a healthy individual. A healthy body is always better than an unhealthy one.
If you are finding that this is difficult, particularly around having a healthy relationship with food and exercise, then please talk to people who can help or offer support, such as parents, teachers, and a GP. Your health is too important to sacrifice for a certain size or some numbers on a scale.
tantania
Rep:
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Why do you need to get it down in a month? And losing 39kg in one month is massive and very unlikely to happen using healthy habits. Unless you're dangerously overweight, there is no need to lose that much weight and especially in such little and unrealistic timeframes. Don't risk your health just to look "good".
I don't know how to explain why I need to but I just do, it's a goal i've set and it's just kinda important to me tbh i've kinda left caring abt my health I just want to reach my goal- oh also i'm not trying to lose 39kg haha, i'm trying to lost 3-4kg so I can be 39kg
tantania
Rep:
(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
Hello, what is this "need" to lose weight, especially that you already have a pretty low body mass?
At 14 (I assume this is your age) your body is still growing; it is a particularly important part of your life in terms of growing and developing to become a healthy adult (physically and mentally), you are supposed to be growing and gaining weight at this time! Restricting your intake and doing too much exercise now will mess with your future body/health, you won't develop as you should, there will be all sorts of negative impacts on your health which will be so much harder to fix later on in life (as opposed to never restricting, and therefore never getting these issues in the first place). The future you will care if what you are doing now is unhealthy or not. You could end up being hospitalised, or even dying.
Try to focus on developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in which you fuel yourself properly and have a healthy relationship with food and exercise. You are at the one of most important stages in life for growing, so make sure that you make this possible for yourself, in order to develop as a healthy individual. A healthy body is always better than an unhealthy one.
If you are finding that this is difficult, particularly around having a healthy relationship with food and exercise, then please talk to people who can help or offer support, such as parents, teachers, and a GP. Your health is too important to sacrifice for a certain size or some numbers on a scale.
Hii thanks for responding, I don't think I have a low body mass i'm just normal for my height disappointingly but anyway, i know it's important but I've just set this goal for myself and i've already gone from 44kg to 41kg! Last time I started was able to get to 38kg before I gained weight again so I just want to get back to where I was. I miss my old body tbf, i'd rather be unhealthy and be happy, i doubt i'd ever be hospitalised since even 38kg isn't that bad for my height, >35 would be but i'm not going to aim for lower than that as my ugw so that's okay. Thank you for your advice but I still really need to do this so if you do have any tips that would be really lovely
lunariumxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Find a work out buddy and do it , its motivating tbh. Me and my friend do it in midnight through facetime cause she works all morning lmaoo but it works and its kinda nice to just workout and then exhausted and sleep cause it also stops my habits of going on the phone tbh ...
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lunariumxo)
Find a work out buddy and do it , its motivating tbh. Me and my friend do it in midnight through facetime cause she works all morning lmaoo but it works and its kinda nice to just workout and then exhausted and sleep cause it also stops my habits of going on the phone tbh ...
The OP doesn't need to lose weight! Her BMI is fine, and at the low end anyway!
Surnia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Listen to the excellent advice from bl0bf1sh

You will naturally put on weight over the next few years as your grow and develop, and you won't be able to keep trying to lose it; you can't keep the body you have now. For your height and age, your weight is fine, if at the low end of the Body Mass Index scale, so don't aim to lose any more. There is nothing wrong with trying to have a healthy lifestyle by eating well and doing exercise, but not to lose weight and certainly not to do so quickly.

If you think you'd be happy being unhealthy, you need to speak with your parents or another trusted adult, and see a medical professional to get help. You won't enjoy being too weak to do anything, having bad skin, bad hair, feeling cold.

Find more constructive goals, too. Look at new hobbies, do volunteering or fund-raising, aim to do well at school. In a few years no-one else is gong to take note of you reaching your weight-loss target, but they will want to see you having become a well-balanced, productive character.
domotappa
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
thanks 🙏
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Trying to rush weight loss will lead into more problems in the future.. Therefore no need to rush. Just continue with your deficit and exercise, but make sure you dont do too much.. Otherwise the improvements you have made will just revert due to the amount of fatigue u will get...

Edit: Just realised ur weight is fine already, just try exercising to tone and shape your body.. being unhealthy wont make you happy, you might think it does.. But thats mostly psychological..
Last edited by Zain_Ahmed; 1 month ago
tantania
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Listen to the excellent advice from bl0bf1sh

You will naturally put on weight over the next few years as your grow and develop, and you won't be able to keep trying to lose it; you can't keep the body you have now. For your height and age, your weight is fine, if at the low end of the Body Mass Index scale, so don't aim to lose any more. There is nothing wrong with trying to have a healthy lifestyle by eating well and doing exercise, but not to lose weight and certainly not to do so quickly.

If you think you'd be happy being unhealthy, you need to speak with your parents or another trusted adult, and see a medical professional to get help. You won't enjoy being too weak to do anything, having bad skin, bad hair, feeling cold.

Find more constructive goals, too. Look at new hobbies, do volunteering or fund-raising, aim to do well at school. In a few years no-one else is gong to take note of you reaching your weight-loss target, but they will want to see you having become a well-balanced, productive character.
thank youu but i still need to be 38kg so there's not much i can do, 41kg isn't it anymore it's too much. ty anyway though x
tantania
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thank you but i'd rather be unhealthy, idrc abt the negative side effects tbh i just need to reach my goal of 38kg and then 35kg and then i can be okay w it
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Why this "need"? Why these numbers? Why so low? 35kg will put you at a dangerously low body mass.

They are not just "negative side effects"; the damage you will do to your body will impact upon your whole life, every second of every day you will suffer from these problems.
You will be constantly cold, tired, weak, lacking energy, and uncomfortable; you'll get colds and infections more easily, and you will take ages to recover from them; you risk getting osteoporosis: your bones will be very fragile; fertility problems; problems with skin, hair, nails, teeth; malnourishment, deficiencies, anaemia; you will not grow or develop properly; your blood pressure and heart rate may get so low that you are fainting, your heart might stop, as well as other vital organ failure. Being underweight causes serious problems, it is no fun at all. It is highly likely that you will be hospitalised, to try to stop you from dying, and then you will be put through some programme to make you get to a more healthy weight, which psychologically would be very difficult. Life is such a precious thing, and you are still so young, please do not waste it.

And I've got a feeling that you won't be "okay with it", you will likely want to lose more and more weight until you are a pile of skin and bones, or worse...

Please get help, contact a medical professional, sort your life out now so that you are in the best position possible to develop into a healthy adult, so you can live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life to its full potential.
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Why this "need"? Why these numbers? Why so low? 35kg will put you at a dangerously low body mass.

They are not just "negative side effects"; the damage you will do to your body will impact upon your whole life, every second of every day you will suffer from these problems.
You will be constantly cold, tired, weak, lacking energy, and uncomfortable; you'll get colds and infections more easily, and you will take ages to recover from them; you risk getting osteoporosis: your bones will be very fragile; fertility problems; problems with skin, hair, nails, teeth; malnourishment, deficiencies, anaemia; you will not grow or develop properly; your blood pressure and heart rate may get so low that you are fainting, your heart might stop, as well as other vital organ failure. Being underweight causes serious problems, it is no fun at all. It is highly likely that you will be hospitalised, to try to stop you from dying, and then you will be put through some programme to make you get to a more healthy weight, which psychologically would be very difficult. Life is such a precious thing, and you are still so young, please do not waste it.

And I've got a feeling that you won't be "okay with it", you will likely want to lose more and more weight until you are a pile of skin and bones, or worse...

Please get help, contact a medical professional, sort your life out now so that you are in the best position possible to develop into a healthy adult, so you can live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life to its full potential.
Please please listen to this post. 35kg is too light to be healthy
Surnia
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daniel_2255)
I would say, Proper workout, do not eat junk food, rely on veggies, and drink more water !!!
The OP is 14 and doesn't need to lose weight!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (11)
11%
Okay (29)
29%
A bit lacking (30)
30%
Not good at all (30)
30%

Watched Threads