Yaran
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will be doing IGCSE Edexcel (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Accounting & Computer science) from home. Can anyone recommend student books which contain all and in details.
Prof. Clockworks
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You should get the Edexcel IGCSE student books for each of the subjects. They contain all the course materials along with chapterwise and unit questions. This is like the most important book and is by Pearson itself. This will help you study according to the syllabus as the syllabus can change from year to year. You should get the book that says 9-1. (I'll link some down below)

You could also get the CGP Revision Guides. They are great for revision as they contain summaries of each chapter along with formulas.

For computer science you need to learn one programming language like Python or Java. I learned Python. I'm not exactly sure which book you should get for this but the edexcel student book contains a lot of things regarding this as well as questions and problems to solve. You could learn Python online on Coursera, freeCodeCamp or Codeacademy (though this one only teaches Python 2 if you use the free version).

The books:
Edexcel IGCSE (9-1) Student Books:
https://www.igcsebookshop.co.uk/prod...ation-limited/
This website contains all the latest books so you ca look for your subjects and get one

https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/secondary-books/science
This link leads to the CGP revision guides for the science books. You can search for the other subjects there.

I also read the Cambridge student books and solve their past papers (as they seem harder to me) for practice.
And definitely check the specification to see if you are studying all the required materials.
Also if you want then you could download these books online for free. Feel free to ask any questions.
Hope this helps!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When are you taking your Comp Sci exam?
Autumn 2022 is the last date for taking the old spec. Any exams after that are new spec.
My kids are taking it in summer 2022 and trying to get the workbook for old spec was like trying to get hold of rocking horse poop. If you're taking it before 2023, make sure your books are for the correct spec and that you don't accidentally buy the new spec by mistake.
Prof. Clockworks
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
When are you taking your Comp Sci exam?
Autumn 2022 is the last date for taking the old spec. Any exams after that are new spec.
My kids are taking it in summer 2022 and trying to get the workbook for old spec was like trying to get hold of rocking horse poop. If you're taking it before 2023, make sure your books are for the correct spec and that you don't accidentally buy the new spec by mistake.
Hi, do you mean the IGCSE exams or the GCSE exams?
Because in our school they are teaching us the new spec as our previous two classes also gave the new spec exams. I do IGCSE. So I'm a bit confused by what you said as I'll also be giving my Comp Sci exams in 2022 and we are learning the new spec.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Prof. Clockworks)
Hi, do you mean the IGCSE exams or the GCSE exams?
Because in our school they are teaching us the new spec as our previous two classes also gave the new spec exams. I do IGCSE. So I'm a bit confused by what you said as I'll also be giving my Comp Sci exams in 2022 and we are learning the new spec.
Apologies, I misread your original post. I do mean IGCSE but I was thinking of Cambridge rather than Edexcel.

Disregard what I said originally.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 1 month ago
Prof. Clockworks
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Apologies, I misread your original post. I do mean IGCSE but I was thinking of Cambridge rather than Edexcel.

Disregard what I said originally.
Oh it's okay no problem

And yeah it really is a pain trying to find Edexcel Comp Sci past papers as well.
Last edited by Prof. Clockworks; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads