How to stop feeling like you are not good enough ??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have felt like this for quite some time , I’ve been bullied at a child and as I grew older I noticed how certain family members would subtly do things and treat me in a certain way that empathised these feelings of not being good enough. How do I overcome this and feel confident and secure in myself ?? I’m losing hope and feel quite low at the moment and I just want a high self esteem but feel too sensitive and insecure to reach it . Any tips??
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Realising your self worth doesn't depend on how others treat you. You are incredibly important and deserve respect. Knowing your worth and what you deserve will help you. Possibly doing positive self talk everyday, reminding yourself that you are worthy and can reach anything you put your mind to. Getting high self esteem can take time and it isnt an overnight thing. But it all starts with you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Realising your self worth doesn't depend on how others treat you. You are incredibly important and deserve respect. Knowing your worth and what you deserve will help you. Possibly doing positive self talk everyday, reminding yourself that you are worthy and can reach anything you put your mind to. Getting high self esteem can take time and it isnt an overnight thing. But it all starts with you
Thank you for your kind words , do you feel good enough with yourself and if so how did you achieve it ?
username5850540
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i have a family that points out your flaws to make them feel better about themself. Don't let someone's words get you down just drown them out with something positive. You are amazing in your own ways but people find it easier to find flaws to bring you down about. Just think every day about something you love about yourself and don't change for others. Self-love takes time it is especially hard when you listen to everything people say about you. I honestly believe everyone is so special with their own gifts just show them to people and make them regret what they have said about you. You are amazing and wonderful don't let people make you feel less of yourself. :hugs:
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your kind words , do you feel good enough with yourself and if so how did you achieve it ?
I used to feel extremely insecure and now I am much better. It isn't perfect but it's better. I stopped being around people who made me feel less of myself, started realising my worth, stopped worrying about my looks so much and focused on bigger and better things, got professional help when things got really bad and just listened to motivational music
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads