Courses studied but failed some modules

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have studied different courses, undergrad and postgrad degrees in various subjects. However, i have failed each by a module or two, and could not return to resit due to personal circumstances. Is there a way I can take modules from each of the studied to be put for a undergrad degree? So maybe the modules passed are carried over for a undergrad and I study a final year to get a bachelors?
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have studied different courses, undergrad and postgrad degrees in various subjects. However, i have failed each by a module or two, and could not return to resit due to personal circumstances. Is there a way I can take modules from each of the studied to be put for a undergrad degree? So maybe the modules passed are carried over for a undergrad and I study a final year to get a bachelors?
Hi there,

Just because you didn't take the opportunity to resit doesn't necessarily mean that your opportunity to resit at a later opportunity is lost. However, the rules do differ between different Universities, the best thing is to get in contact with your department's student support services, they will be best placed to give you accurate information on this, as there can be various reasons why you might not be able to resit. Without knowing the details of your situation and University rule it would be difficult to give accurate advice.

Good luck with it all though

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It may depend on which modules you failed i.e. core or optional but if its anything compulsory think its unlikely, as most courses have (fairly) rigid course specifications and whilst they sometimes you can sub in 10 or 20 credits a year most degrees dont allow full chopping and changing.

You might want to look at the OU who might be a bit more lenient on this kind of thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.85%
Okay (65)
28.76%
A bit lacking (85)
37.61%
Not good at all (56)
24.78%

Watched Threads