Abdullaahi
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I study a maths related degree at one uni but really wanna study a full on maths/maths and physics degree at another uni. I’ve got A* A B B in maths,physics,biology, chemistry. I would plan on taking fm as I’m really interested in maths and I’m kinda studying fm now at uni. Also I really dislike some aspects of my current uni. Can some please offer advice on if my plan is reasonable? How would I talk to my sixth form as they were the ones who advised me multiple times to take a gap year but I didn’t listen bc of personal circumstances?

Thanks for reading this.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You can do this.

You need to declare your current university course on your application. And you would normally be expected to have a reference from your current university (ask your tutor). This is particularly true if your current and future university course are related/similar.

As for contacting your old sixth form - I assume that is to be entered as an external candidate for FM? Taking A levels alongside your degree course might be tricky - there’s a risk that A level exams will clash with required events at university and neither the A level exam board or your university will adjust the schedule. Just ring up your sixth form and talk to them. They might think “told you so” but that shouldn’t impact whether they help you or not.
Abdullaahi
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
You can do this.

You need to declare your current university course on your application. And you would normally be expected to have a reference from your current university (ask your tutor). This is particularly true if your current and future university course are related/similar.

As for contacting your old sixth form - I assume that is to be entered as an external candidate for FM? Taking A levels alongside your degree course might be tricky - there’s a risk that A level exams will clash with required events at university and neither the A level exam board or your university will adjust the schedule. Just ring up your sixth form and talk to them. They might think “told you so” but that shouldn’t impact whether they help you or not.
The courses are great totally different tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.9%
Okay (57)
29.84%
A bit lacking (67)
35.08%
Not good at all (50)
26.18%

Watched Threads