Gym Advice for a (sort of) beginner

Watch
flowerpotpeony
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Over the first lockdown I completed a lot of the Chloe Ting workout videos, though I didn't see many results and quickly learned that her workouts are not the most effective.

Since then I've been doing at home workouts on and off, and at the start of summer I started going back to the gym. I've mainly just been going to gym classes (HIIT, Tone and Les Mills Body Pump and Body Attack classes) and short dumbbell workouts. I hadn't seen major changes in my body (though some friends were commenting that I did look different) and I began to lost motivation around August time, especially with uni starting back.

I'm wanting to get into more of a routine and I've planned to go to some classes again over the next 2 weeks just to build a little bit of my fitness up again.
After this though I'd like to start going to the gym to do planned workouts however I'm not sure whether starting around 3x a week with a full body split (and cardio on the days off) would be best or whether to do like an Upper/Lower split (incorporating cardio at the end of some weight sessions). - Initially I'd thought about the 3x a week maybe for 4-8 weeks just to get back into the swing of things again.

My main long term goals are to lose a bit of weight and then build some muscle (especially in my glutes as they are looking a little sad and I am very quad dominant) and strength (especially in my upper body).
For context I'm 22, around 5'4-5'5 and weight around 11st - 11st4 depending on the day (last year I managed to get down to 10st5).

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I assume you are a woman:
https://liftvault.com/programs/stren...m-spreadsheet/
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think you did the right things for your health and fitness..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads