LittleSkink
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
most Unis list 3 or 4 core modules in year 1 and 2 - and a dozen (or more!) optional modules

but how many can you really do?
and do some popular modules have a student limit and get competitive?

FWIW looking at Ecology and Conservation Biology at Sheffield
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
In general you do 120 credits every year. Depending on how many credits your core modules take up that will leave you with a remainder of credits with which to choose your options.

Yes some courses will have options that are more popular than others and possibly have a limit to how many people can take them, and some may not run due to lack of interest/sign up. You also may find that they are only run in one semester and not the other so timetabling may mean you can’t do certain combinations.

For the course you mentioned, the core modules in first year make up 80 credits so you would have 40 credits to make up with optional modules.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
LittleSkink
Rep:
oops, too many tabs open . . .
Last edited by LittleSkink; 1 month ago
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LittleSkink)
thanks for that, definitely sounds like a conversation with the uni would be best

Photography seems like it might be relevant because in Ecology / Conservation photo and video records are important.

But I know some unis wont accept stuff like General Studies as "proper" A levels
I’m not sure if this reply was meant for here as we weren’t talking about photography or general studies…??
LittleSkink
Rep:
ignore me, its been a long day

really helpful answer, I even see some course describing the 10 and 20 credit modules and it makes sense now
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LittleSkink)
ignore me, its been a long day

really helpful answer, I even see some course describing the 10 and 20 credit modules and it makes sense now
No problem
Yes, in the Sheffield module information they tell you how many credits they all are- 10,20,30 credits etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (13)
10.4%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.6%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.4%
Finding the motivation (35)
28%
Getting distracted (16)
12.8%
Procrastination (50)
40%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.8%

Watched Threads