Apprenticeships 2022 application thread

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to the general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2022 apprenticeship year!

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

And finally!

Image Good luck everyone Image
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 1 month ago
M4gn3ticMach1ne
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I haven't applied yet because I'm busy, but I'm thinking of of applying to an apprenticeship with Siemens, Airbus, and JLR, maybe Rolls Royce.
As you can see, they're all engineering companies so I'll be applying within an engineering field and choosing to apply to aeronautical(Airbus), control(Siemens), manufacturing and product design(JLR).

What made me decide to apply was the financial and hands on aspect of the programme, although I'm quite academic. Hopefully, because I'm climbing the career ladder early on, I'll be able to be of great value afterwards.
paulg18
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, im on the JLR APEP apprenticeship this year and its definitely worth applying for. They really care about you and give you everything you need for work and uni, i.e brand new high spec laptop, headests, moniters ect. And the benefits are amazing, discounts from most retails shops, very good pensions plan, holidays, ect. Good luck with your applications and let us know the outcome.
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by M4gn3ticMach1ne)
I haven't applied yet because I'm busy, but I'm thinking of of applying to an apprenticeship with Siemens, Airbus, and JLR, maybe Rolls Royce.
As you can see, they're all engineering companies so I'll be applying within an engineering field and choosing to apply to aeronautical(Airbus), control(Siemens), manufacturing and product design(JLR).

What made me decide to apply was the financial and hands on aspect of the programme, although I'm quite academic. Hopefully, because I'm climbing the career ladder early on, I'll be able to be of great value afterwards.
Hey! Have you managed to find time to work on your applications yet?
M4gn3ticMach1ne
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hey! Have you managed to find time to work on your applications yet?
Hello,
I didn't have the free time to work on my application because my workload has recently increased, but my careers advisor sent me a template to help me layout my CV. I'll be applying to Leonardo, Airbus and Siemens ,as I've previously mentioned, but not JLR cus I dont have A levels... =/

On the other hand, I've got two offers from Sussex and UEA to study for my degree.
brainzistheword
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by M4gn3ticMach1ne)

Hello,
I didn't have the free time to work on my application because my workload has recently increased, but my careers advisor sent me a template to help me layout my CV. I'll be applying to Leonardo, Airbus and Siemens ,as I've previously mentioned, but not JLR cus I dont have A levels... =/

On the other hand, I've got two offers from Sussex and UEA to study for my degree.
Glad to hear you've got hold of a template - that should come in handy! Good luck with your applications and congratulations on your uni offers. Sounds like you've got a lot of options open to you.
M4gn3ticMach1ne
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Glad to hear you've got hold of a template - that should come in handy! Good luck with your applications and congratulations on your uni offers. Sounds like you've got a lot of options open to you.
Yeah, thanks
SonicsLeftNut
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Applied to airbus for a craft apprenticeship, done the final interview so just gotta wait and see now☺️
brainzistheword
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SonicsLeftNut)
Applied to airbus for a craft apprenticeship, done the final interview so just gotta wait and see now☺️
Finger crossed!! Well done on making it this far 😊
JRandall26
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm interested in applying for apprenticeships in the field of data science. I think apprenticeships are fast becoming a better option as they give you priceless on the job experience whilst still supplying you with a relevant qualification, plus it has obvious financial benefits.

I've applied to Zurich Insurance, Unilever, Fujitsu, JPMorgan, Qinetiq and CGI so far, with 7 more still to apply to that open later on. Unfortunately only the first two plus GlaxoSmithKline actually run data science apprenticeships, the others are all digital solutions with data analytics, which suffices but is not ideal for me. I have had 2 interviews so far, still waiting to hear from Fujitsu and having been offered an assessment centre place by JPMorgan.

If anyone knows of any other data science degree apprenticeships please let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads