The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships 2022 application thread

Welcome to the general thread for all apprenticeship applications going in for the 2022 apprenticeship year!

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

And finally!

Good luck everyone
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't applied yet because I'm busy, but I'm thinking of of applying to an apprenticeship with Siemens, Airbus, and JLR, maybe Rolls Royce.
As you can see, they're all engineering companies so I'll be applying within an engineering field and choosing to apply to aeronautical(Airbus), control(Siemens), manufacturing and product design(JLR).

What made me decide to apply was the financial and hands on aspect of the programme, although I'm quite academic. Hopefully, because I'm climbing the career ladder early on, I'll be able to be of great value afterwards.
Reply 2
Hi there, im on the JLR APEP apprenticeship this year and its definitely worth applying for. They really care about you and give you everything you need for work and uni, i.e brand new high spec laptop, headests, moniters ect. And the benefits are amazing, discounts from most retails shops, very good pensions plan, holidays, ect. Good luck with your applications and let us know the outcome. :smile:
Original post by M4gn3ticMach1ne
I haven't applied yet because I'm busy, but I'm thinking of of applying to an apprenticeship with Siemens, Airbus, and JLR, maybe Rolls Royce.
As you can see, they're all engineering companies so I'll be applying within an engineering field and choosing to apply to aeronautical(Airbus), control(Siemens), manufacturing and product design(JLR).

What made me decide to apply was the financial and hands on aspect of the programme, although I'm quite academic. Hopefully, because I'm climbing the career ladder early on, I'll be able to be of great value afterwards.

Hey! Have you managed to find time to work on your applications yet?

Original post by brainzistheword
Hey! Have you managed to find time to work on your applications yet?

Hello,
I didn't have the free time to work on my application because my workload has recently increased, but my careers advisor sent me a template to help me layout my CV. I'll be applying to Leonardo, Airbus and Siemens ,as I've previously mentioned, but not JLR cus I dont have A levels... =/

On the other hand, I've got two offers from Sussex and UEA to study for my degree.
Original post by M4gn3ticMach1ne

Hello,
I didn't have the free time to work on my application because my workload has recently increased, but my careers advisor sent me a template to help me layout my CV. I'll be applying to Leonardo, Airbus and Siemens ,as I've previously mentioned, but not JLR cus I dont have A levels... =/

On the other hand, I've got two offers from Sussex and UEA to study for my degree.

Glad to hear you've got hold of a template - that should come in handy! Good luck with your applications and congratulations on your uni offers. Sounds like you've got a lot of options open to you.
Original post by brainzistheword
Glad to hear you've got hold of a template - that should come in handy! Good luck with your applications and congratulations on your uni offers. Sounds like you've got a lot of options open to you.

Yeah, thanks
Applied to airbus for a craft apprenticeship, done the final interview so just gotta wait and see now☺️
Original post by SonicsLeftNut
Applied to airbus for a craft apprenticeship, done the final interview so just gotta wait and see now☺️

Finger crossed!! Well done on making it this far 😊
Hi, I'm interested in applying for apprenticeships in the field of data science. I think apprenticeships are fast becoming a better option as they give you priceless on the job experience whilst still supplying you with a relevant qualification, plus it has obvious financial benefits.

I've applied to Zurich Insurance, Unilever, Fujitsu, JPMorgan, Qinetiq and CGI so far, with 7 more still to apply to that open later on. Unfortunately only the first two plus GlaxoSmithKline actually run data science apprenticeships, the others are all digital solutions with data analytics, which suffices but is not ideal for me. I have had 2 interviews so far, still waiting to hear from Fujitsu and having been offered an assessment centre place by JPMorgan.

If anyone knows of any other data science degree apprenticeships please let me know!
Reply 10
If anyones applying for a digital and tech solutions DA (even better if its the sof eng pathway) hmu
Reply 11
Original post by JRandall26
Hi, I'm interested in applying for apprenticeships in the field of data science. I think apprenticeships are fast becoming a better option as they give you priceless on the job experience whilst still supplying you with a relevant qualification, plus it has obvious financial benefits.

I've applied to Zurich Insurance, Unilever, Fujitsu, JPMorgan, Qinetiq and CGI so far, with 7 more still to apply to that open later on. Unfortunately only the first two plus GlaxoSmithKline actually run data science apprenticeships, the others are all digital solutions with data analytics, which suffices but is not ideal for me. I have had 2 interviews so far, still waiting to hear from Fujitsu and having been offered an assessment centre place by JPMorgan.

If anyone knows of any other data science degree apprenticeships please let me know!

hey πŸ‘‹
Great to know about your application, we do have a few in common, like Fujitsu, CGI and Unilever, but doing tech IT with all of them. Have had interview with Fujitsu and Unilever. Still waiting to hear from CGI after application. Is it possible for you to tell me if you have heard anything from CGI ?
Original post by Dhings
hey πŸ‘‹
Great to know about your application, we do have a few in common, like Fujitsu, CGI and Unilever, but doing tech IT with all of them. Have had interview with Fujitsu and Unilever. Still waiting to hear from CGI after application. Is it possible for you to tell me if you have heard anything from CGI ?

They came back to me about a month ago to reject me, but I'm predicted straight A*s so I don't know what more they wanted to see just to consider my application aha🀷🏻
Reply 13
They came back to me about a month ago to reject me, but I'm predicted straight A*s so I don't know what more they wanted to see just to consider my application aha🀷🏻

Honestly it’s what we wouldn’t know . And every company has their own criteria, weird some times . I had a similar feeling when I got rejected from Deloitte for the reason that though I had done really well in my online assessment, I didn’t match their application screen( which was just basic information they asked for, not even questions or any essay). Did email them for concise feedback but didn’t get one in the end.
So it’s a mystery always what happens behind the scenes!

Amazon do a data analyst one. Not advertised yet.
Original post by Disperately
Amazon do a data analyst one. Not advertised yet.

Yes I actually came across it a couple of days ago, but as you say it's not open yet
Reply 16
Yes I actually came across it a couple of days ago, but as you say it's not open yet

Hey Experian has data science degree apprenticeship application going on atm . In case you are interested and was not sure if you knew. Hence mentioned it .
Reply 17
Original post by Dhings
Hey Experian has data science degree apprenticeship application going on atm . In case you are interested and was not sure if you knew. Hence mentioned it .

https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/jobs/6144/experian/data-science-degree-apprenticeship

Hope it helps
Reply 18
Original post by paulg18
Hi there, im on the JLR APEP apprenticeship this year and its definitely worth applying for. They really care about you and give you everything you need for work and uni, i.e brand new high spec laptop, headests, moniters ect. And the benefits are amazing, discounts from most retails shops, very good pensions plan, holidays, ect. Good luck with your applications and let us know the outcome. :smile:

hi i am currently applying for an apprenticeship but stuck on writing my cv as i don't have that much experience apart from school any advice?
Original post by Dhings

Hi mate, thanks, I checked it out before, it looked like a decent one but location was a bit far tbh, wouldn't hurt to apply though I guess aha!

Quick Reply