hayleygeorge15
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am about to choose my a levels and Im not sure which to choose. I want to do maths, business studies and either criminology or sociology. I want to keep my options open for university so that I have a choice of doing a criminology degree or a business degree, depending on which i will prefer. I don't want to close my options off as I want to keep both options open. will I still be accepted into both of these degrees with these a levels?
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hayleygeorge15)
Hi, I am about to choose my a levels and Im not sure which to choose. I want to do maths, business studies and either criminology or sociology. I want to keep my options open for university so that I have a choice of doing a criminology degree or a business degree, depending on which i will prefer. I don't want to close my options off as I want to keep both options open. will I still be accepted into both of these degrees with these a levels?
Maths will keep your doors open. Business is a good essay subject. Try to look up univertsities list of alevel subjects they prefer, as im unsure about criminology. Sociology should be fine tho. I think simply having maths will keep your doors open if you have second thoughts.
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Business Studies is one of the preferred subjects for a Business degree, but it wouldn't be relevant to any other major.
If you wanted to do a Criminology degree, it would be Maths, Sociology and Criminology. These A-levels would also be suitable for Business, as Maths is another preferred subject for that degree.
So I agree with AbrahamP that Maths would keep your options open either way
hayleygeorge15
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AbrahamP)
Maths will keep your doors open. Business is a good essay subject. Try to look up univertsities list of alevel subjects they prefer, as im unsure about criminology. Sociology should be fine tho. I think simply having maths will keep your doors open if you have second thoughts.
okay I'll keep that in mind. will I still be able to do a criminology degree with sociology?
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hayleygeorge15)
okay I'll keep that in mind. will I still be able to do a criminology degree with sociology?
Of course you can, just also research the uni you want to apply at to see if they have any preferences for any alevels subjects. Shouldnt be an issue at all tho
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Beyond possibly having an essay based subject, I'm not sure that there are going to be any specific subject requirements for Criminology. Taking it at AL might potentially give you more to talk about in your personal statement, but it is by no means a prerequisite. Take the subjects that you think you'll do best in, as above, Maths will keep more doors open for you than the choice between Sociology and Criminology.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How to Choose A level Subjects - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
10.53%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.26%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.77%
Finding the motivation (38)
28.57%
Getting distracted (17)
12.78%
Procrastination (51)
38.35%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.75%

Watched Threads