The Student Room Group

What would you do if someone proposed at your wedding?

Title.

Scroll to see replies

I would feel very angry as weddings are not the place to propose. I would not talk to them and if they invited me to their wedding I would say that because of the fact they proposed at my wedding, I will not go to theirs.
I would think that it was bizarre as they could've chosen a more appropriate time but I also probably wouldn't care that much as I don't get angry/annoyed easily and marriage&weddings are not that deep for me

Original post by DiamondDia
Title.
it is less weird than proposing at a funeral i guess :dontknow:
I would kick them out
Original post by rosy_posy
I would feel very angry as weddings are not the place to propose. I would not talk to them and if they invited me to their wedding I would say that because of the fact they proposed at my wedding, I will not go to theirs.

Bit extreme.
Grab the topmost level from my cake and slam-dunk that right into the face of whichever tosser dared to do such a thing.
if they told me about it in advance and the couple are good friends of mine I honestly wouldn't care... if they do without warning anyone that's just weird and trying to steal someone's thunder
I would be having such fun at my own wedding, I probably wouldn’t even notice!
If done privately, all fine. Big public show then nope! Pay for your own party!
If she’s my type I’d progress to get to know, If not I’d laugh and decline.

Just lmao at getting angry over that, get a grip jfc you aren’t that important.
Not exactly the same, but a friend of my husband's and her (then) other half announced their engagement at my wedding.
I was less than impressed.
Tell them i was already married

:qed:
I would not be impressed and probably every wedding photo after that would be me as this splendid emoji right here: :colonhash:
Reply 14
Chin them
Reply 15
I’d tell them to sod off
Original post by Catherine1973
Pay for your own party!

This!

I would be pissed.
I wouldnt stop them but it is quite disrespectful
Oooooh noooooo
Original post by gjd800
Chin them

Most important best man duty right there beyond the hip flask and groom control.

Quick Reply