hollybee418
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I cannot decide whether I like Bath or Exeter university more, which one is better and why? (pros and cons?)
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don't go to either of them but Bath sounds really good
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 1 month ago
hollybee418
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I don't go to either of them but Bath sounds really good
what makes you say that??
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hollybee418)
what makes you say that??
I really like the course structure there for the course I looked into and they have lots of options
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bath is more rural and is up a hill. It is based in a historical town which is known for its Roman baths. On campus, there is a lot of greenery with trees and a lake. It is also a very sporty university - think Loughborough but in the South.
Exeter has green areas but is more city-based. There isn't much diversity there though, the student body is mostly white and middle/upper-class.
Both have very good reputations, so you won't be disadvantaged if you choose one over the other.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Bath is more rural and is up a hill. It is based in a historical town which is known for its Roman baths. On campus, there is a lot of greenery with trees and a lake. It is also a very sporty university - think Loughborough but in the South.
Exeter has green areas but is more city-based. There isn't much diversity there though, the student body is mostly white and middle/upper-class.
Both have very good reputations, so you won't be disadvantaged if you choose one over the other.
Bath is no more diverse!
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I cannot decide whether I like Bath or Exeter university more, which one is better and why? (pros and cons?)
Both are lovely - Bath is a smaller city - which course suits you better?

I think Exeter's choice of accommodation is better.
hollybee418
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Both are lovely - Bath is a smaller city - which course suits you better?

I think Exeter's choice of accommodation is better.
both courses are great, that's the problem I can't decide
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I live only 15 minutes away from Bath (I live in a small village) so I went there a lot. I don't know much about the uni (I know it has a really good reputation) but the city is so beautiful. It's my favorite alongside Oxford but I think that's just because I really like historic buildings. Some streets and roads in Bath are on a slope(?) if that makes sense so I get scared whenever driving up/down it (feels like I'm gonna fall off). But that means that you can travel up it and overlook the area. There's a lot of 'green spaces' but yeah it is a smaller city. Sorry this probably wasn't helpful lol.
Which course are you studying?
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bath is no more diverse!
I didn't think it was, but I didn't know for sure so didn't say.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
both courses are great, that's the problem I can't decide
Exeter has the nicer campus - here's a photo taken inside one of the student buildings.

Name:  P1000431.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  390.6 KB
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Exeter has the nicer campus - here's a photo taken inside one of the student buildings.

Name:  P1000431.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  390.6 KB
Are those trees fake? It looks like you're outside but inside at the same time lol
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heart2you)
Are those trees fake? It looks like you're outside but inside at the same time lol
I was on a teacher's tour so didn't examine them ...
oppiwall
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Looks like a municipal bus station.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Degree subject?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.86%
Okay (105)
29.58%
A bit lacking (130)
36.62%
Not good at all (85)
23.94%

Watched Threads