The Student Room Group

Will being bored cause an emotional affair?

I really believe the only reason my husband is having an emotional affair is due to boredism,.Nothing will go any further than text messages and emails. So I am wondering if that is a reason why it gets started in the first place. Just to past time by why us wives are at work , shopping etc. Even in the middle of the night my hubby chats because he's bored.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He texts other women when in bed with you at night? Wow
Why are you so sure it won't go any further?

You seem a little mature for TSR
No, adults are quite capable of finding other things to do that aren’t “cheat on their partner” when they’re bored.
If he’s having an affair that’s his choice.
Reply 3
Original post by EOData
He texts other women when in bed with you at night? Wow
Why are you so sure it won't go any further?

You seem a little mature for TSR

Why do you say I am a bit mature.? I am sure it won't go any further because all he do is talk. I stumbled on a couple of messages. He have been teasing her for yrs and have not met up with this woman. He's bored. Chatting with her is like watching the game
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
No, adults are quite capable of finding other things to do that aren’t “cheat on their partner” when they’re bored.
If he’s having an affair that’s his choice.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you agreeing that he won't cheat?
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you agreeing that he won't cheat?

Not in the slightest.

I’m saying that people being “bored” doesn’t cause them to cheat.
They make the decision to cheat.

Perhaps you should talk to him and try to reconnect.

Your hubby “chats” because he wants to and he chose to.
If he is talking to women behind your back whilst youre asleep then that’s not okay.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
but he is stringing them along. They are getting hopes up. He is just lying to them to make conversation.
What do you mean will? I'm aware most criminals were abused as children but not everyone who was abused are criminals
I would definitely ask teenagers for marital advice.
May be a factor
Oh okay! your first statement sounded so definite lol
huh
but he is stringing them along. They are getting hopes up. He is just lying to them to make conversation.

Why are you okay with that?
1) shows his lack of character
2)still “emotionally” cheating on you behind your back.
It’s the excuse he’ll give you when he progresses to physically cheating to try and make you think it’s all your fault.
Why are you okay with that?
1) shows his lack of character
2)still “emotionally” cheating on you behind your back.

yea but he is not trying to hook up with her he is just sex talking with no attempt to actually see her
yea but he is not trying to hook up with her he is just sex talking with no attempt to actually see her

How are you okay with that? I ask Again.
Do you not care that he is cheating on you by sexting with someone else?
How are you okay with that? I ask Again.
Do you not care that he is cheating on you by sexting with someone else?

but neither one is getting anything out of it. All he doing is passing time by. He never goes out his way to meet her. He just video chats with her because he finds it fun. She is the one getting played.
but neither one is getting anything out of it. All he doing is passing time by. He never goes out his way to meet her. He just video chats with her because he finds it fun. She is the one getting played.

What are you talking about?
If they weren’t getting anything out of it they wouldn’t be doing it.
You’re the one getting played if you believe that.

And if you actually think that she is getting played then why are you with a creep that would do such a thing whilst being married because he is “bored”?

And if you don’t care that he’s doing it then wth is the point of this thread?
(edited 2 years ago)
Get away from him. Who knows what else he is doing. You deserve someone so much more better. You also seem like you already know the answer but don’t want to let go.
Just leave him and be with someone who actually values you.
What are you walking about?
If they weren’t getting anything out of it they wouldn’t be doing it.
You’re the one getting played if you believe that.

And if you actually think that she is getting played then why are you with a creep that would do such a thing whilst being married because he is “bored”?

And if you don’t care that he’s doing it then wth is the point of this thread?

The point of the thread is the fact that it is still a bother to me but I know nothing is going on because he is not making any effort to see this woman at all. It's just that he could be on Facebook or something playing a game rather than waste his time messaging this woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending