The Student Room Group

what happens if all your offers have the same grades for the offer?

ive applied through ucas now and im waiting on my offers and im starting to get a little paranoid that i wont get into my backup option. realistically i know that wont happen because ive been told my personal statement is good and my predicted grades are well above what's needed but i can't help but think? the backup requires ABB-BBB but a grade lower assuming i get an A in my EPQ and the others need three As or A*AA. should i start to regret my choices..
Original post by hello17375
ive applied through ucas now and im waiting on my offers and im starting to get a little paranoid that i wont get into my backup option. realistically i know that wont happen because ive been told my personal statement is good and my predicted grades are well above what's needed but i can't help but think? the backup requires ABB-BBB but a grade lower assuming i get an A in my EPQ and the others need three As or A*AA. should i start to regret my choices..

Why on earth would an AAB-BBB/C uni reject an applicant on course (presumably) to achieve AAA/A*AA???
A university won't raise their offers just because an applicant has higher predicted grades
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Why on earth would an AAB-BBB/C uni reject an applicant on course (presumably) to achieve AAA/A*AA???

realistically i dont think that would happen and i know im being paranoid. im just wondering and knowing might make me feel a little bit less anxious
Reply 4
Original post by hungrysalamander
A university won't raise their offers just because an applicant has higher predicted grades

that's not what i meant, i just meant to ask what would happen if all my offers ended up being (for example) AAA. like how does that work out in terms of choosing a firm and insurance choice
that's not what i meant, i just meant to ask what would happen if all my offers ended up being (for example) AAA. like how does that work out in terms of choosing a firm and insurance choice

Happens a lot with medicine and dentistry. It just means that you don't have an insurance choice.
realistically i dont think that would happen and i know im being paranoid. im just wondering and knowing might make me feel a little bit less anxious

More Frankie less Ozzy! 😁
Reply 7
Original post by hungrysalamander
Happens a lot with medicine and dentistry. It just means that you don't have an insurance choice.

ah okay. so long as its not an incredibly rare and stupid situation to land in i think ill feel okay. i mean i'll feel pretty distraught if i dont get into a uni that asks for three Bs but i dont think that will happen

Many applicants end up picking a Firm and Insurance with exactly the same offer requirement. If those are your preferences, that's absolutely fine! You should never pick an insurance just because it has a lower offer, it should genuinely be your second preference regardless.

It's not quite correct to say that you don't have an insurance in this scenario, just that you're a bit less likely to end up going to it. At the end of the day, either your firm or insurance might have some flexibility in the grades they will ultimately accept .
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
Many applicants end up picking a Firm and Insurance with exactly the same offer requirement. If those are your preferences, that's absolutely fine! You should never pick an insurance just because it has a lower offer, it should genuinely be your second preference regardless.

It's not quite correct to say that you don't have an insurance in this scenario, just that you're a bit less likely to end up going to it. At the end of the day, either your firm or insurance might have some flexibility in the grades they will ultimately accept .

oh nice, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending