Narcissistic parent

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have experience dealing with a narcissistic parent?

I was very vulnerable with them and told them some of my deepest feelings and feel humiliated now. They didn't care at all obviously, turned it on me, and I felt so stupid. And my other family said I was stupid for doing it too. Now he knows everything and has no respect for me.
michaelhw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone have experience dealing with a narcissistic parent?

I was very vulnerable with them and told them some of my deepest feelings and feel humiliated now. They didn't care at all obviously, turned it on me, and I felt so stupid. And my other family said I was stupid for doing it too. Now he knows everything and has no respect for me.
Why do you think your parents are "Narcissistic"? It has become a fashionable term after Trump. Are you sure that your parents simply aren't very understanding and mindful of your needs? In which case you need a friend or a partner.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by michaelhw)
Why do you think your parents are "Narcissistic"? It has become a fashionable term after Trump. Are you sure that your parents simply aren't very understanding and mindful of your needs? In which case you need a friend or a partner.
It’s not fashionable but narcissists are more common than people realise.it’s just one parent and yes they are 100%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise