i have 2 weeks till have to decide my uni course and i have no idea what to do

Watch
3bee
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know I want to go to a good university and get a degree but ive never had a full on passion in any subject that is interesting to me and I'm afraid that my personal statement wont be as good and I cant choose what subject to do I time and I dont want to do a gap year.
I like psychology , but I'm not sure if I can get the grades and I'm unsure if I should study something more specific like anthropology since ill only go to uni once .I'm also afraid I wont get the top grade boundaries and I have to be realistic.
I like anthropology but never actually looked into the subject that much and its the same for archaeology.
my only passion is art but I'm afraid if I only do an art degree that ill get bored of it since its my only hobby.
I need some advice as I am so confused
sorry for the long paragraph
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why not take a year (or more) out?
Glemon
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why don't you do a pro-con list? If you make one and put it up we can help you make sense of it.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 3bee)
I know I want to go to a good university and get a degree but ive never had a full on passion in any subject that is interesting to me and I'm afraid that my personal statement wont be as good and I cant choose what subject to do I time and I dont want to do a gap year.
I like psychology , but I'm not sure if I can get the grades and I'm unsure if I should study something more specific like anthropology since ill only go to uni once .I'm also afraid I wont get the top grade boundaries and I have to be realistic.
I like anthropology but never actually looked into the subject that much and its the same for archaeology.
my only passion is art but I'm afraid if I only do an art degree that ill get bored of it since its my only hobby.
I need some advice as I am so confused
sorry for the long paragraph
Why have you only got two weeks? The UCAS deadline is in January!
3bee
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
Why not take a year (or more) out?
I dont really want a gap year/year out since it would be to much time off and i'd rather go straight to uni
i wouldnt really know what to do with myself
3bee
Rep:
(Original post by Glemon)
Why don't you do a pro-con list? If you make one and put it up we can help you make sense of it.
I didnt think of that , i might try that out , thank you )
3bee
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Why have you only got two weeks? The UCAS deadline is in January!
My teachers idealy want it in soon after the half term since the applications on ucas are flooded then , so they want to do it earlier so it goes more smoothly if you get what i mean
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 3bee)
My teachers idealy want it in soon after the half term since the applications on ucas are flooded then , so they want to do it earlier so it goes more smoothly if you get what i mean
Yes - so what? I'm a teacher and deadlines can be changed - references should already be written and so it's very quick to finish an application off.

DO NOT be rushed by your school ...
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Useful article here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study

As above, dont just apply for 'anything' to get the school off your back - if they have one application that is still in progress in December it isnt the end of the world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.92%
Okay (104)
29.46%
A bit lacking (129)
36.54%
Not good at all (85)
24.08%

Watched Threads