SafiyaB
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I am to new to the student room so I apologise in advance if I make any mistakes on here. The subjects I am taking for GCSE are:
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
Maths Higher EDEXCEL
Biology AQA
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
Geography EDEXCEL B
Computer Science AQA

I am currently in Year 10. I would appreciate any advice for a year 10 student, tips for exams/ revision and anything else useful that I should know!
Thanks
lemonadetea
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hiya! I’m in year 13, and welcome to the student room! My advice is to not stress too much, trust your teachers (they’re there to guide and support you!), use your holidays well (they will be missed in year 11!), and honestly enjoy your subjects as it’s unlikely you will have the opportunity to study such a broad range of concepts and ideas again!
SafiyaB
Rep:
Okay. Yay thanks for replying! What A-Levels are u taking?
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey and welcome! I totally agree with the person above me but I’d also recommend making revision resources as you learn each topic so that you can use them when you have a test on those topics, both in Year 10 and 11! I tried to make lots of digital flashcards and posters but do what’s right for you. Also just have fun! Good luck!
Last edited by Icosagon; 1 month ago
lemonadetea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SafiyaB)
Okay. Yay thanks for replying! What A-Levels are u taking?
No worries at all! I’m taking English Literature, Religious Studies, and Geography! Best of luck with your GCSEs, they look like a great range of subject I’m sure you’ll do great!
SafiyaB
Rep:
Thanks for replying everyone! and thanks for the advice. Yeah I usually do like to make revision notes, mindmaps etc and I do lots of quizzes and exam practice before the actual exam. A lot of people use flashcards but I've never used them before so I'm not too sure on how they should work.
dead line
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, I am to new to the student room so I apologise in advance if I make any mistakes on here. The subjects I am taking for GCSE are:
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
Maths Higher EDEXCEL
Biology AQA
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
Geography EDEXCEL B
Computer Science AQA

I am currently in Year 10. I would appreciate any advice for a year 10 student, tips for exams/ revision and anything else useful that I should know!
Thanks
hi, year 13 here. advice for english (both), your teachers should gradually teach you the format for answering questions, which will be the same in every paper. you definitely need to learn these!! your teachers will eventually make you do practice papers until theyre engraved in your brain. dont panic about it now lol but by year 11, just a heads up, youll need to kn ow it. it should come naturally if youre paying at least some attention, so my advice would be to not skip those lessons!
lemonadetea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for replying everyone! and thanks for the advice. Yeah I usually do like to make revision notes, mindmaps etc and I do lots of quizzes and exam practice before the actual exam. A lot of people use flashcards but I've never used them before so I'm not too sure on how they should work.
If you’re interested in flash cards I’d really recommend the app Quizzlet! You can make flash cards on there or use ones other people have made and since they’re online you don’t have to worry about losing any paper! Moreover, you can input when you have tests and the app will send you notifications encouraging you to work through all your cards before your exam, helping you to feel really prepared and confident in the content!
SafiyaB
Rep:
(Original post by lemonadetea)
If you’re interested in flash cards I’d really recommend the app Quizzlet! You can make flash cards on there or use ones other people have made and since they’re online you don’t have to worry about losing any paper! Moreover, you can input when you have tests and the app will send you notifications encouraging you to work through all your cards before your exam, helping you to feel really prepared and confident in the content!
Ah okay, yeah I'll try this, sounds good!
SafiyaB
Rep:
(Original post by dead line)
hi, year 13 here. advice for english (both), your teachers should gradually teach you the format for answering questions, which will be the same in every paper. you definitely need to learn these!! your teachers will eventually make you do practice papers until theyre engraved in your brain. dont panic about it now lol but by year 11, just a heads up, youll need to kn ow it. it should come naturally if youre paying at least some attention, so my advice would be to not skip those lessons!
Hi, yeah I think they are basically doing this. We've almost finished An Inspector Calls and I have an exam on it tomorrow. It's really good because in class and for homework we've been making charcter and theme pages and also loads of practice essay plans.
dead line
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, yeah I think they are basically doing this. We've almost finished An Inspector Calls and I have an exam on it tomorrow. It's really good because in class and for homework we've been making charcter and theme pages and also loads of practice essay plans.
yeah definitely safely store those notes on characters and get decent quotes for them early on. i ended up losing my year 10 ones/binning them because i thought they weren’t important, i was gutted by year 11 because i had to re-find quotes for every chapter all over again😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.92%
Okay (104)
29.46%
A bit lacking (129)
36.54%
Not good at all (85)
24.08%

Watched Threads