abovethecl0uds
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
could someone help me out with 5c please?
i've attached my answers for 5a and 5b just in case they need to be used to work out 5c
thanks
Name:  20211021_213823.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  22.0 KB
Name:  20211021_213848.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  70.0 KB
Last edited by abovethecl0uds; 1 month ago
Faith&hardwork
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abovethecl0uds)
could someone help me out with 5c please?
i've attached my answers for 5a and 5b just in case they need to be used to work out 5c
thanks
Name:  20211021_213823.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  22.0 KB
Name:  20211021_213848.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  70.0 KB
Hey, for an inverse function , The domain is the range of the original function and the range is the domain of the original function
abovethecl0uds
Rep:
(Original post by Faith&hardwork)
Hey, for an inverse function , The domain is the range of the original function and the range is the domain of the original function
hey!
thanks for your reply. i know that the domain and range swap around, but i don't know how to express that in terms of f^-1(x)
Faith&hardwork
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey!
thanks for your reply. i know that the domain and range swap around, but i don't know how to express that in terms of f^-1(x)
First start by separating the y from x, u should get a linear. eqn = trigonometry function....then replace y for x.... It then become clear
Last edited by Faith&hardwork; 1 month ago
awc14
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Try rearrange the equation to make x the subject, then replace your x with a y and vice versa!
abovethecl0uds
Rep:
First start by separating the y from x, u should get a linear. eqn = trigonometry function....then replace y for x.... It then become clear
(Original post by awc14)
Try rearrange the equation to make x the subject, then replace your x with a y and vice versa!
this is what i've done, but i'm not sure what to do after this
Name:  20211021_222517.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  85.3 KB
Last edited by abovethecl0uds; 1 month ago
Faith&hardwork
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
this is what i've done, but i'm not sure what to do after this
Name:  20211021_222517.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  85.3 KB
Take the cosine of both sides...you will be left with y=cos....., hence replace y=f inverse
abovethecl0uds
Rep:
Take the cosine of both sides...you will be left with y=cos....., hence replace y=f inverse
oh okay thanks so much for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.94%
Okay (104)
29.55%
A bit lacking (128)
36.36%
Not good at all (85)
24.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed