charfreemannn
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i need help with this q
charfreemannn
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-21 224938.png
Views: 6
Size:  53.9 KB
don't understand how you turn sec2^a and tan2^a into cos/sin format
Last edited by charfreemannn; 1 month ago
charfreemannn
Rep:
anyone??????????????????
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charfreemannn)
anyone??????????????????
What have you tried?
Faith&hardwork
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Where do you need help?
charfreemannn
Rep:
(Original post by achieve526kk)
hope fullt this helps i tried me guess
omg thank u so much. i hate to be that person but do you mind taking another pic? it's a bit blurry and i can't make out the last part. thank u so so much btw
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pls delete and read the forum guidelines about not posting solutions. The OP has not posted any attempt.
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone??????????????????
You need to post your thoughts first - as per forum guidelines. You can start from either side of the identity.
Please do not post full solutions - especially when the OP has made no attempt at the question. This is against forum rules!
charfreemannn
Rep:
(Original post by davros)
You need to post your thoughts first - as per forum guidelines. You can start from either side of the identity.

Please do not post full solutions - especially when the OP has made no attempt at the question. This is against forum rules!
I obviously have attempted this question and struggled to find a solution, hence I posted it on this forum? I can't show you what I've done so far as I can't take photos on my laptop.

(Original post by mqb2766)
Pls delete and read the forum guidelines about not posting solutions. The OP has not posted any attempt.
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I obviously have attempted this question and struggled to find a solution, hence I posted it on this forum? I can't show you what I've done so far as I can't take photos on my laptop.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4919248
You could describe what you'd tried, what you had difficulties with, ...
That way its possible to offer hints about what you've tried.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
charfreemannn
Rep:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4919248
You could describe what you'd tried, what you had difficulties with, ...
That way its possible to offer hints about what you've tried.
I have. Want to offer any help now?
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have. Want to offer any help now?
What identities have you tried / why didnt they work / ...
charfreemannn
Rep:
What identities have you tried / why didnt they work / ...
tried 1/cos and sin/cos but i don't know what to do with the 2^a bit since i've never come across a trig question with powers before
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Its a typo in the question. The left hand side should be
sec(2A) + tan(2A)
Buddy324
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
1/cos 2A = sec 2A
sin 2A/ cos 2A = tan 2A.
Last edited by Buddy324; 1 month ago
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above, you can type what you've tried, using brackets to make things clear if necessary. You should also note that the question doesn't make sense as written with those "powers" - it should be sec(2A) and tan(2A) as noted buy other posters.. You can now put the LHS over a common denominator and use some well-known identities
charfreemannn
Rep:
thanks guys i worked it out. didn't realise it was a typo hence i was stuck

(Original post by davros)
As above, you can type what you've tried, using brackets to make things clear if necessary. You should also note that the question doesn't make sense as written with those "powers" - it should be sec(2A) and tan(2A) as noted buy other posters.. You can now put the LHS over a common denominator and use some well-known identities
(Original post by Buddy324)
1/cos 2A = sec 2A
sin 2A/ cos 2A = tan 2A.
Its a typo in the question. The left hand side should be
sec(2A) + tan(2A)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.52%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.04%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.12%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.25%
Getting distracted (22)
14.97%
Procrastination (55)
37.41%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed