PeacefulAngel
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For my GCSEs I got 3 A*s 8 As and a B and for my A levels I got an A in Biology, a B in Chemistry and a C in Physics. Will these grades be good enough for nursing?
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PeacefulAngel)
For my GCSEs I got 3 A*s 8 As and a B and for my A levels I got an A in Biology, a B in Chemistry and a C in Physics. Will these grades be good enough for nursing?
Yes.
jupiter228
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
definitely. you can even into nursing even with a BTEC. Are you sure that's what you want to do after all that hard work and achievement?
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jupiter228)
definitely. you can even into nursing even with a BTEC. Are you sure that's what you want to do after all that hard work and achievement?
The hard work OP has put into their GCSEs and A levels may have paid off, but the grades also show that they will be able to put the hard work required into a nursing degree (required to get onto the NMC register). It certainly isn't an academically easy degree to undertake and a lot of people fail because they're not expecting expecting standard of work required.

A registered nurse who got a 2:1 in another degree before going into nursing.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PeacefulAngel)
Yes and well done for the hard work so far.

As Emily said you'll be able to put in the hard work required for the nursing degree course.

Don't underestimate nursing being a easy course because believe me & Emily it ain't as easy as people think it is.
I am registered midwife with a 2.1in another degree prior to becoming a midwife.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (13)
10.32%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.59%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.35%
Finding the motivation (35)
27.78%
Getting distracted (17)
13.49%
Procrastination (50)
39.68%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads