I asked her out - she said maybe

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I met a girl 2 weeks ago at a gig in my home town. We seemed to have a good rapport, after chatting over social media so i asked to see if she was going to another gig at the same venue, which I was going to with some friends. I was going to ask her out in person. But she was busy but I said

"fair enough, it would have been nice to see you again. Perhaps we could go for a drink another time"
She said maybe, but she's not really dating at the moment.
I said "That's fair if that's not what you want. Thank you for being honest"
She then said "of course, I'd always be honest with a friend".

We have mutual friends and apparently she is on dating apps so she must be looking. She's definitely not interested with me though is she?
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a girl 2 weeks ago at a gig in my home town. We seemed to have a good rapport, after chatting over social media so i asked to see if she was going to another gig at the same venue, which I was going to with some friends. I was going to ask her out in person. But she was busy but I said

"fair enough, it would have been nice to see you again. Perhaps we could go for a drink another time"

We have mutual friends and apparently she is on dating apps so she must be looking. She's definitely not interested with me though is she?
Afraid not.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
No, otherwise she would have said yes.

She made it clear that her “maybe” wasn’t an agreement for a date but for a possibility of going for a drink with a friend (you)
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

If she was interested in you, she would have made herself unbusy pronto.

You said "if that's not what you want" and she didn't disagree with you.

Forget it and move on.
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah she made herself reasonably clear that's a no I'm afraid.
Ax Sleepy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

No she isn’t

I'd always be honest with a friend".
sunshinehss
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nope, but I'm sure you'll find someone who's interested soon x
Barbu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe means no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads