I asked him out and he seemed angry

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I met a guy on a night out a few months ago and he seemed nice. He asked me out but I wasn't looking to date then. To be fair he had no way of knowing. I saw him again last weekend as we're both from the same area. I said hi. He seemed happy to see me but he seemed a little preoccupied too. He looked like he had lost weight and looked pretty good. The next day I sent him a message on Facebook and asked him if he would like to go for a drink. His response took me back.. "I'm flattered but why the change of heart?"
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think he was angry. I think anyone would want to know why you rejected them but then changed your mind. You could have also unintentionally given the impression that the only reason you like him now is because he lost weight. Maybe explain how you wasn’t looking to date at that time like you said
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Natural caution, perhaps a hint of resentment, from being rejected when he reached out. How are you going to answer?
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He doesn't sound angry but doesn't sound like he trusts that you suddenly became interested in him. He's probably not interested in just being a rebound for example.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a guy on a night out a few months ago and he seemed nice. He asked me out but I wasn't looking to date then. To be fair he had no way of knowing. I saw him again last weekend as we're both from the same area. I said hi. He seemed happy to see me but he seemed a little preoccupied too. He looked like he had lost weight and looked pretty good. The next day I sent him a message on Facebook and asked him if he would like to go for a drink. His response took me back.. "I'm flattered but why the change of heart?"
You have messed him about a bit by rejecting him then being interested. If this happened to you, wouldn't you want an explanation?

If he's flattered, that means he likes you! But, being human, he doesn't want to be messed about if you change your mind back again. Nobody likes being used, or being benched because nobody better has come along.

Please reassure him this is not the case, and show him he can trust you. Persuade him to go on that date, and enjoy what looks like being a promising relationship.
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He doesn’t sound angry but I’m sure anybody would want to know why someone suddenly changed their mind, especially if he thinks it might only be because of the weight loss. To me it sounds like he’s still interested but doesn’t want to be liked just because he’s convenient for you - I’d be the same, at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads