The Student Room Group

EPQ questions!!

Hi, I think I’m going to do my EPQ on the resource curse and oil extraction in the Niger Delta and how that has led to conflict/poverty/pollution. I just wondered if anyone knows how I could phrase a good question for this. I was thinking maybe like “Is Shell wholly responsible for Nigeria’s poverty, inequality and environmental damage” or “Are resources totally to blame for Nigeria’s inequality and environmental destruction?”
Or I was thinking of doing my epq on prisons and doing the question “Are prisons in the U.K. the ideal way the lower reoffending?”
I find both topics really interesting, but I have been advised to choose a more niche topic and I feel that the Niger Delta is also a bit more unusual- also links a lot to geography which I may want to study at uni (I’m not sure) however for the prison topic I can do lots of primary research that I can’t do for the Niger Delta one such as visiting a prison and a rehab charity- which I think would be so interesting! I think I’d find this research for the prison one slightly more interesting but I’m fascinated in both topics. Which done do you advise and do you think these questions are any good- or do you have any suggestions? Thank you so so much, any help would be muchh appreciated as I’m very behind on my EPQ!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending