koiikan
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so I’ve done part a, but I’m a bit stuck on part b. Apparently I need to use linear interpolation but this frequency data isn’t grouped. Any help would be greatName:  89A49BB2-C678-4D39-A774-D86B468DC7EB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  14.7 KB
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by koiikan)
Hi, so I’ve done part a, but I’m a bit stuck on part b. Apparently I need to use linear interpolation but this frequency data isn’t grouped. Any help would be greatName:  89A49BB2-C678-4D39-A774-D86B468DC7EB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  14.7 KB
The question is ambiguous as it doesn't say whether the data is grouped or not, and if it is grouped, whether it's rounded to the nearest pound, or whether only whole pounds are recorded. A rather poorly worded question, IMO.

Since, as you say, you seem to be expected to use linear interpolation, I think you'll have to assume it is grouped, probably to the nearest pound.
koiikan
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Oh okay, so would I have to make my own intervals like 8.5<£<9 and so on?
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by koiikan)
Oh okay, so would I have to make my own intervals like 8.5<£<9 and so on?
If the data is rounded to the nearest pound, then the intervals would be, for example, 8.5<=£<9.5.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads