Accredited for law schools are being ceased?

Watch
Omar Abdelghany
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve emailed Aston and Leicester about accreditation for Law they basically said that the SRA and and the BSB have ceased formal accreditation’s for all law schools. Is this true?
Last edited by Omar Abdelghany; 1 month ago
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Omar Abdelghany)
I’ve emailed Aston and Leicester about accreditation for Law they basically said that the SRA and and the BSB have ceased formal accreditation’s for all law schools. Is this true?
Hi there,

I am a little bit confused by your question but think I can reassure you nonetheless.

When applying for law schools it is important to check whether they Law LLB's that they offer and what is known as 'qualifying law degrees'. This is because there are certain modules that need to be covered for you to be able to go straight into post-graduate to be a solicitor or barrister.

For example, here at UEA all of our LLB Law degrees are qualifying law degrees as we recognise that the vast majority of our students, even if not 100% decided on whether they will pursue a legal career, want to know they are able to pursue further legal training following their degree.

One thing that is changing soon in terms of training to be a solicitor is the post-graduate training. Traditionally students had to complete the LPC before they could become a solicitor, but this is in the process of changing to the SQE. There are a few key differences involved in this change and is something to be aware of when starting a law degree in the imminent future as you may well end up being in the first cohort of students who will have to sit the SQE.

I hope this helps, let me know if theres anything I can elaborate on.

Thanks,
Leah
UEA Law
Omar Abdelghany
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah)
Hi there,

I am a little bit confused by your question but think I can reassure you nonetheless.

When applying for law schools it is important to check whether they Law LLB's that they offer and what is known as 'qualifying law degrees'. This is because there are certain modules that need to be covered for you to be able to go straight into post-graduate to be a solicitor or barrister.

For example, here at UEA all of our LLB Law degrees are qualifying law degrees as we recognise that the vast majority of our students, even if not 100% decided on whether they will pursue a legal career, want to know they are able to pursue further legal training following their degree.

One thing that is changing soon in terms of training to be a solicitor is the post-graduate training. Traditionally students had to complete the LPC before they could become a solicitor, but this is in the process of changing to the SQE. There are a few key differences involved in this change and is something to be aware of when starting a law degree in the imminent future as you may well end up being in the first cohort of students who will have to sit the SQE.

I hope this helps, let me know if theres anything I can elaborate on.

Thanks,
Leah
UEA Law
No it makes sense now thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed