harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hellooo
so i am going to spend my holidays revising for my mocks (which i think is REALLY doable).

i am doing
AQA triple science
AQA geography
AQA french higher
AQA english lang
AQA english lit
EDEXCEL higher maths
OCR drama

i am going to make some flashcards (as i previously did this and achieved a high grade) and then i'll do some questions.

i'm not really sure what to do for French, english lang + english lit, and geography, though. have you got any advice on those?
i'm trying to aim for 7,8,9 grades!

i have got around a month and a bit till my mocks start.

thankyou so much
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i didn't do french or geography so i can't help you but with english you need to do past papers, loads of them.

I'm not joking when I say past papers got me from getting grade 5 in English to grade 9s.

Also for english lit do some flashcards for quotes and inferences
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
(Original post by renosiie)
i didn't do french or geography so i can't help you but with english you need to do past papers, loads of them.

I'm not joking when I say past papers got me from getting grade 5 in English to grade 9s.

my teacher won't mark my questions. i asked her and she told me literally NOT to do them??

are there any other ways my questions can be marked? (as i know you can't really self-mark english)

thank you
renosiie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
my teacher won't mark my questions. i asked her and she told me literally NOT to do them??

are there any other ways my questions can be marked? (as i know you can't really self-mark english)

thank you
lot’s of online past papers will have mark scheme’s attached and if your english teacher refuses to mark maybe ask someone else in the english department and just explain the situation? If not I’m sure you’d be able to find someone here that can help
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hellooo
so i am going to spend my holidays revising for my mocks (which i think is REALLY doable).

i am doing
AQA triple science
AQA geography
AQA french higher
AQA english lang
AQA english lit
EDEXCEL higher maths
OCR drama

i am going to make some flashcards (as i previously did this and achieved a high grade) and then i'll do some questions.

i'm not really sure what to do for French, english lang + english lit, and geography, though. have you got any advice on those?
i'm trying to aim for 7,8,9 grades!

i have got around a month and a bit till my mocks start.

thankyou so much
hey do you wanna be study buddies? I have mocks around late november
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
hey do you wanna be study buddies? I have mocks around late november
yooo sure! what subjects are you taking?

and same, my mocks start around 27th Nov
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yooo sure! what subjects are you taking?

and same, my mocks start around 27th Nov
computing, history french triple science and the compulsory ones bestie can u pm me your discord?
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
computing, history french triple science and the compulsory ones bestie can u pm me your discord?
ah thats cool! i don't have discord, sorry bestie lmao
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ah thats cool! i don't have discord, sorry bestie lmao
oh kk ! im just revising history
RedVelvet16
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

heyy how did you use past papers? did you just complete mark then do another?
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
oh kk ! im just revising history
i was just revising biology haha
renosiie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RedVelvet16)
heyy how did you use past papers? did you just complete mark then do another?
yep! I would do a timed paper, mark it, boost it (i.e make improvements with red pen) or rewrite it entirely but not timed so I know what a model answer looks like and then move onto the next one
renosiie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if you need any help with computer science and history then lmk I’m doing both for A Level, got a grade 9 in comp sci and a grade 8 in history. I also did triple science (grade 7, 8, 8) but I can’t remember it at all lmao
RedVelvet16
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if you need any help with computer science and history then lmk I’m doing both for A Level, got a grade 9 in comp sci and a grade 8 in history. I also did triple science (grade 7, 8, 8) but I can’t remember it at all lmao
hey! what specs did u use?
renosiie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RedVelvet16)
hey! what specs did u use?
i think i did AQA history and Edexcel comp sci, dunno my a level history exam board but doing OCR comp sci
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.59%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.05%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.16%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.45%
Getting distracted (22)
15.07%
Procrastination (54)
36.99%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads