The Student Room Group

Congratulations to Oxford Mum !! it is NOT her Birthday !!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
One of the best this site has to offer.
Well done, OM :bumps: @Oxford Mum
Congrats on the achievement @Oxford Mum
Original post by gjd800
One of the best this site has to offer.

Bless you, you are a star!
Original post by Wired_1800
Well done, OM :bumps: @Oxford Mum

I am delighted to welcome you to the party, dear @Wired_1800
Original post by quasa
Congrats on the achievement @Oxford Mum

Thank you, you are too kind!
Original post by Vapordave
Congrats @Oxford Mum :party:

Thanks! Loving the emoji! xx
Original post by Oxford Mum
It's better than any birthday, Goldie. It's the pinnacle of all my ambitions.

Where do I go from here? Maybe I'll work on taking over the world next weekend :wink:

yes queen oxford lol:biggrin:
Congratulations @Oxford Mum, very well deserved! You truly are a real gem!!

Thank you for all the support and encouragement you provide, helping so many young people to fulfil their dreams of going to Oxford. You are wonderfully generous with your time, provide so much advice and information to applicants throughout the process and beyond, and are so supportive to everyone regardless of which eventual path they follow.

Thank you too for all the support you provide to us parents, along with so many other posters too, and helping the likes of me become a little less clueless.

I do have an original unopened vintage bottle of Babycham, which I could open to toast you. Maybe it will kill the Covid which I likely have, having had a positive lateral flow test today, but hopefully not me! Thankfully I tested negative for my birthday, but youngest was isolating as is positive, and eldest away in Oxford. We face timed youngest whilst we ate tea, and opened cards etc!

What outfit did you decide to wear @Oxford Mum, as my vision is a little cloudy tonight?

Thank you for the invite!

What can I say.. a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS OXFORD MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so grateful for everything you do for us on TSR, and I’m so glad to say I have spent time on various threads getting to know you. So proud of you for reaching this incredibly significant milestone, and there are so many people my age who would have found the admissions process a mystery without you.

Whatever next? Nothing much more to aim for on TSR now!

You are truly the wisest Oxonian (yes, you deserve that Oxford title!) and we are all in awe of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything! Really looking forward to these next few months.

Sending you virtual hugs to celebrate your special day, and will raise a glass to you this evening. You never know, this time next year we may even see eachother if i’m in Oxford..
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Oxford Mum, I'm not sure what exactly we're not congratulating you on apart from your birthday, but I love all that you do to help present and potential Oxford candidates, as well as those who will never be. Keep up all the good work!
Reply 93
Extremely well deserved, congrats! :woo:
I knew you when you had only one gem but I can always spot potential!
Generous, open hearted, brilliant, sensitive, dedicated and Oxford Day Demystified is a triumph. The Parents Association remains a friendly space for parents to learn and seek reassurance on the Oxford experience.
Well done on those 12 gems.
Reply 95
Original post by Crafty Mum

Thank you for all the support and encouragement you provide, helping so many young people to fulfil their dreams of going to Oxford. You are wonderfully generous with your time, provide so much advice and information to applicants throughout the process and beyond, and are so supportive to everyone regardless of which eventual path they follow.

Thank you too for all the support you provide to us parents, along with so many other posters too, and helping the likes of me become a little less clueless.

I do have an original unopened vintage bottle of Babycham, which I could open to toast you. Maybe it will kill the Covid which I likely have, having had a positive lateral flow test today, but hopefully not me! Thankfully I tested negative for my birthday, but youngest was isolating as is positive, and eldest away in Oxford. We face timed youngest whilst we ate tea, and opened cards etc!

What outfit did you decide to wear @Oxford Mum, as my vision is a little cloudy tonight?

Hope you get over the Covid quickly.
Original post by Crafty Mum

I am sorry you have had such a stressy time with Covid, and I hope your youngest son gets well soon. It's great you had a fantastic birthday.

The Oxford Parents' Association is something I have really enjoyed setting up, and I'm glad you enjoy it so much.

I am loving the vintage Babycham idea. Maybe I could pop round!
Original post by azby1098
Thank you for the invite!

What can I say.. a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS OXFORD MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so grateful for everything you do for us on TSR, and I’m so glad to say I have spent time on various threads getting to know you. So proud of you for reaching this incredibly significant milestone, and there are so many people my age who would have found the admissions process a mystery without you.

Whatever next? Nothing much more to aim for on TSR now!

You are truly the wisest Oxonian (yes, you deserve that Oxford title!) and we are all in awe of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything! Really looking forward to these next few months.

Sending you virtual hugs to celebrate your special day, and will raise a glass to you this evening. You never know, this time next year we may even see eachother if i’m in Oxford..

It is indeed a pleasure to know you, and to see you progressing. I am really hopeful you will finally get your Oxford offer in January, and I can't wait to be here on TSR when it happens. You have put so much work in, and I am truly proud of you.

It's wonderful to see so many people raising a glass to me. Wish I could have a real party, and say "hi" to you all.
Original post by Nobody2u
Hi Oxford Mum, I'm not sure what exactly we're not congratulating you on apart from your birthday, but I love all that you do to help present and potential Oxford candidates, as well as those who will never be. Keep up all the good work!

I guess it's a way I can give something back to those who really deserve a chance in life.
Original post by Foxehh
Extremely well deserved, congrats! :woo:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest