^MISSF^
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it better to do 3 alevels with an EPQ or 4 alevels without an EPQ?
friendly_cryptid
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure if this is accurate but I would say 3 with an EPQ. With 4 a levels you might be spreading yourself too thin. Also universities only ask for 3. With an EPQ you can choose a topic related to what you want to study and then reference it in your personal statement. Then that shows your passion for the subject. This is only really my opinion but I hope it helps.
Topsyturvy10
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You don't need to do 4 a levels. I started off the year by doing 4 and an EPQ, and the head of Sixth Form at my school encouraged me to drop the A-Level, rather than the EPQ. Even universities like Oxford or Cambridge will only look at your top 3 results, so doing a 4th isn't worth it if you'll get AABB instead of A*A*A, for example. The EPQ is a great thing to accompany 3 A-Levels, and other people have suggested doing a topic for your EPQ related to the course you want to do after sixth form or college.
^MISSF^
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Topsyturvy10)
You don't need to do 4 a levels. I started off the year by doing 4 and an EPQ, and the head of Sixth Form at my school encouraged me to drop the A-Level, rather than the EPQ. Even universities like Oxford or Cambridge will only look at your top 3 results, so doing a 4th isn't worth it if you'll get AABB instead of A*A*A, for example. The EPQ is a great thing to accompany 3 A-Levels, and other people have suggested doing a topic for your EPQ related to the course you want to do after sixth form or college.
You see I do wish to do 3 alevels and an EPQ, but I was told you had to do a presentation for the EPQ.And I am very anxious about that part.So could I ask how the presentation was for you?

(Also just for your information I am doing bio,chem,maths,economics and split between if I should do medicine or accounting)
becca_sneyd
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ^MISSF^)
You see I do wish to do 3 alevels and an EPQ, but I was told you had to do a presentation for the EPQ.And I am very anxious about that part.So could I ask how the presentation was for you?

(Also just for your information I am doing bio,chem,maths,economics and split between if I should do medicine or accounting)
Honestly i was terrified to do my presentation (i hate public speaking) but genuinely at the end of all your research you’re kinda an expert in your subject so i didn’t find it too hard to talk about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads