hbawab
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I am going to start MA applications for this year.

Last year I got rejected to the courses because my experience wasn't enough.

In the personal statement for this year, do I mention my story of applying last year and how I improved or do I simply state my current strengths without mentioning last year?

Thanks.

H.
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hello there

It really depends of how you do it. But I think it is a great idea to show your ability to reflect and learn from adversities. It can show how resilient and determined you are.

You can reflect and talk about how much you have learnt an improved this year and what have you been busy doing.

Good luck!
Andrea
hbawab
Rep:
(Original post by Kingston University)
Hello there

It really depends of how you do it. But I think it is a great idea to show your ability to reflect and learn from adversities. It can show how resilient and determined you are.

You can reflect and talk about how much you have learnt an improved this year and what have you been busy doing.

Good luck!
Andrea
Thank you Andrea. I will see how I will include it.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hbawab)
Hi everyone,

I am going to start MA applications for this year.

Last year I got rejected to the courses because my experience wasn't enough.

In the personal statement for this year, do I mention my story of applying last year and how I improved or do I simply state my current strengths without mentioning last year?

Thanks.

H.
State your current strengths. That's what they want to know, not your journey to that point and they don't need reminding that they didn't select you last year.
hbawab
Rep:
(Original post by threeportdrift)
State your current strengths. That's what they want to know, not your journey to that point and they don't need reminding that they didn't select you last year.
Thank you. Makes sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads