Participants for Postgraduate Dissertation - Further and Higher Education Lecturers

Watch
ZacM1994
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good Evening Everyone.

I'm creating this post to see if any Further and Higher Education Teachers/Lecturers would be interested in participating in my research concerning Employee wellbeing and COVID-19: Specifically How has the covid-19 pandemic impacted upon the wellbeing of staff working within the Further and Higher Education Sector?

This would take the form of a short online survey with questions focused on the wellbeing of mental health throughout the covid-19 pandemic, the steps your organization/employer has undertaken as a result of the pandemic, have mental health services & resources been increased, and overall how satisfied you've been with this as a result.

As for why I'm doing this, primarily the excellent levels of support offered to me from my lecturer's throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, during both my Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies, who worked so hard to ensure I could complete my studies to the best of my ability, which I can promise without I wouldn't have been able to do so well in my studies throughout such a difficult period. As a result, I came to the realization that there was so little, apparent support or thought to those supporting myself and fellow students throughout our studies during the pandemic, having had to adapt overnight and as such was primarily my motivation for choosing this as the topic for my Dissertation Research Project.

All data shall be anonymised within the research, of which a copy can be provided once completed for your satisfaction. Additionally no personal data shall be taken such as names or the name of the organization or your employer, only an indication if you are a further or higher education lecturer/teacher as appropriate for the purposes of the research.

The link to the survey can be found below:

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/N1O3O4A9P0J4O5B7Y

If you would like a copy of the Ethics form before completing the survey, please feel free to send me a message on here, a comment on this thread or request my email address, and from there I'd be happy to provide you a copy.

I'd really appreciate anyone who'd be willing to take the time to help me out with this, and you'd have me eternal gratitude. In addition to this you'd be helping shine some light on the situations you, and your colleagues/fellow academic staff have experienced throughout the pandemic and broader issues such as mental health and wellbeing, employer's responses not only to the environment for students but also the working environment for their staff e.g. Lecturers and Teachers, if this has been sufficient and if not, why and the changes you'd like to see, all of which i feel are vitally important and in need of researching.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A struggling postgraduate student.
Last edited by ZacM1994; 1 month ago
PrimaryITE
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZacM1994)
Good Evening Everyone.

I'm creating this post to see if any Further and Higher Education Teachers/Lecturers would be interested in participating in my research concerning Employee wellbeing and COVID-19: Specifically How has the covid-19 pandemic impacted upon the wellbeing of staff working within the Further and Higher Education Sector?

This would take the form of a short online survey with questions focused on the wellbeing of mental health throughout the covid-19 pandemic, the steps your organization/employer has undertaken as a result of the pandemic, have mental health services & resources been increased, and overall how satisfied you've been with this as a result.

As for why I'm doing this, primarily the excellent levels of support offered to me from my lecturer's throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, during both my Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies, who worked so hard to ensure I could complete my studies to the best of my ability, which I can promise without I wouldn't have been able to do so well in my studies throughout such a difficult period. As a result, I came to the realization that there was so little, apparent support or thought to those supporting myself and fellow students throughout our studies during the pandemic, having had to adapt overnight and as such was primarily my motivation for choosing this as the topic for my Dissertation Research Project.

All data shall be anonymised within the research, of which a copy can be provided once completed for your satisfaction. Additionally no personal data shall be taken such as names or the name of the organization or your employer, only an indication if you are a further or higher education lecturer/teacher as appropriate for the purposes of the research.

The link to the survey can be found below:

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/N1O3O4A9P0J4O5B7Y

If you would like a copy of the Ethics form before completing the survey, please feel free to send me a message on here, a comment on this thread or request my email address, and from there I'd be happy to provide you a copy.

I'd really appreciate anyone who'd be willing to take the time to help me out with this, and you'd have me eternal gratitude. In addition to this you'd be helping shine some light on the situations you, and your colleagues/fellow academic staff have experienced throughout the pandemic and broader issues such as mental health and wellbeing, employer's responses not only to the environment for students but also the working environment for their staff e.g. Lecturers and Teachers, if this has been sufficient and if not, why and the changes you'd like to see, all of which i feel are vitally important and in need of researching.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A struggling postgraduate student.
Why do we need permission from our line manager before we answer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads