el1ac
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've always been really set on doing law at university, however due to covid I didn't perform as well as I had hoped in my gcses. My grades are as follows: 8 in Tec, 7 in geography, 7 in chem, 7 in bio, 6 in physics, 7 in Art, 5 in French, 6 in maths and 7s in both English Lang and lit. I've now started year 12 and the "predicted grades" I've been given as ABB. Obviously these grades would not be good enough for a university like Durham or Leeds that I would like to go to. My predicted grades will be subject to change and I am already performing well and working hard so I'm confident I will achieve good a level grades. Will my gcses hurt my chances of getting offers from top law schools? or will I be ok
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by el1ac)
I've always been really set on doing law at university, however due to covid I didn't perform as well as I had hoped in my gcses. My grades are as follows: 8 in Tec, 7 in geography, 7 in chem, 7 in bio, 6 in physics, 7 in Art, 5 in French, 6 in maths and 7s in both English Lang and lit. I've now started year 12 and the "predicted grades" I've been given as ABB. Obviously these grades would not be good enough for a university like Durham or Leeds that I would like to go to. My predicted grades will be subject to change and I am already performing well and working hard so I'm confident I will achieve good a level grades. Will my gcses hurt my chances of getting offers from top law schools? or will I be ok
Hia!

Well done on those predicted grades. Your gces shouldn't affect your entry to university. Most universities only require 5s in maths and english or maybe a 6. If you're really worried check on the specific course website at the unis you want to go to.

Hope this helps,

UoP rep - Ben
LawStudent456
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by el1ac)
Your GCSEs will categorically not be a problem for most RG unis.
Durham May place more emphasis on GCSEs, but tbh you’re GCSEs are good.

Check if you’re eligible for contextual offers as Durham and Leeds reduce their offer by 2 grades.
Last edited by LawStudent456; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.68%
Okay (119)
29.53%
A bit lacking (153)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
22.83%

Watched Threads