The Student Room Group

Civil Service Pre-Recorded Interview, not enough ID?

I have a CS pre-recorded interview, they’ve gave me a 5 day deadline. I was looking at the acceptable forms of ID, and I only have a passport (ID for photo) and a UK bank statement (address) and I have nothing for my date of birth. I have nothing else on the list to show my date of birth, and I’m now thinking I should cancel the interview.

My fam lost my birth certificate, and even if they found it, it’s the short version but apparently they want the long version.
Original post by RatLadyy
I have a CS pre-recorded interview, they’ve gave me a 5 day deadline. I was looking at the acceptable forms of ID, and I only have a passport (ID for photo) and a UK bank statement (address) and I have nothing for my date of birth. I have nothing else on the list to show my date of birth, and I’m now thinking I should cancel the interview.

My fam lost my birth certificate, and even if they found it, it’s the short version but apparently they want the long version.

I'd say do the interview and I remember there being something in the interview guidelines to say that if you can't provide the ID at the moment then you can provide it later on if you're successful.

Civil Service interviews usually have a turnaround of a few weeks so that should give you some time to get stuff. It's good that you have a passport so I would recommend getting a provisional driving license (as this has both address, photo and date of birth) because it can be used as a form of ID (I've used mine on CS interviews).

I would also advise getting in touch with the Home Office and asking them for another long birth certificate and if they give you one then keep it somewhere safe along with all of your other certificates and ID documents.

Good luck with your interview! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending