Aldi customer assistant during uni: Yes or No

Watch
FinestRyan
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Got a job offer for a customer assistant role at Aldi. 15 hours contracted but area manager says usually 25-30+

Financially it looks good as theres a chance to make lots of money.

My concerns are that I will struggle to balance work and university with that many hours. I have also heard that working for Aldi is extremely hard as the pressure is always extreme with the times targets on everything. I’ve got mid terms coming up and I’m worried if I accept it will have a negative impact on them as it will take time away from studying for them.

I really don’t know what to do. I feel like if I leave it go I’m missing out on a good oppurtunity but there will be others right? But if I take it now I feel like my studies will suffer. Anyone got advice or experience to share?
Audrieee
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I’d do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
11.02%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.57%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.3%
Finding the motivation (35)
27.56%
Getting distracted (17)
13.39%
Procrastination (50)
39.37%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads