Ellie_gx
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

Recently I received an email about being on the reserve list for future band O roles.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if we will be taken into consideration for the O band applications that were advertised round about August time, I have applied for this outside of the TSP list but not yet heard anything back. Thus, it would be favourable if I didn’t have to do another interview😆 or does anyone know if we need to wait until o band roles come back around after this because surely we would be waiting a long time if positions had recently been filled.

I know we are not guaranteed a position with this list but it would be nice to have a bit more insight so I can make some career decision. So if anyone has any insight that would be great.
Reddy5001
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ellie_gx)
Hello,

Recently I received an email about being on the reserve list for future band O roles.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if we will be taken into consideration for the O band applications that were advertised round about August time, I have applied for this outside of the TSP list but not yet heard anything back. Thus, it would be favourable if I didn’t have to do another interview😆 or does anyone know if we need to wait until o band roles come back around after this because surely we would be waiting a long time if positions had recently been filled.

I know we are not guaranteed a position with this list but it would be nice to have a bit more insight so I can make some career decision. So if anyone has any insight that would be great.
Hi,

I'm not sure about this tbf because if you're on a reserve list then your interview scores will have been banked so it's unlikely that you'll have to sit another interview. One thing I have heard although I'm not sure if it is true is that if you apply for an EO grade role then your banked interview score may be taken into account.

As for the August roles, I'm not sure as to whether you'll be taken into consideration for these because there are people who have applied as part of the campaign and from what I can gather from other forums such as the HMRC O Compliance Caseworker 2021 forum on TSR, they are currently interviewing candidates from the august campaign so they will go on to a specific reserve list if that makes sense.

From what I've gathered, the way reserve lists work for the TSP and fast stream, is that they look internally at what jobs are available and the behaviour scores required. They may use the reserve list to fill posts without going to advert on Civil Service Jobs but this is dependent on the department and organisation from what I'm aware.

My advice would be fro you to look for another job because even though you're on the reserve list, there is no guarantee of a job although they could get back to you and offer you a job. As well as this, there doesn't seem to be that much information out there as to what happens on scheme reserve lists as jobs such as the O caseworker have their own reserve list
Ellie_gx
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Reddy5001)
Hi,

I'm not sure about this tbf because if you're on a reserve list then your interview scores will have been banked so it's unlikely that you'll have to sit another interview. One thing I have heard although I'm not sure if it is true is that if you apply for an EO grade role then your banked interview score may be taken into account.

As for the August roles, I'm not sure as to whether you'll be taken into consideration for these because there are people who have applied as part of the campaign and from what I can gather from other forums such as the HMRC O Compliance Caseworker 2021 forum on TSR, they are currently interviewing candidates from the august campaign so they will go on to a specific reserve list if that makes sense.

From what I've gathered, the way reserve lists work for the TSP and fast stream, is that they look internally at what jobs are available and the behaviour scores required. They may use the reserve list to fill posts without going to advert on Civil Service Jobs but this is dependent on the department and organisation from what I'm aware.

My advice would be fro you to look for another job because even though you're on the reserve list, there is no guarantee of a job although they could get back to you and offer you a job. As well as this, there doesn't seem to be that much information out there as to what happens on scheme reserve lists as jobs such as the O caseworker have their own reserve list
Yeah I think I will just apply for other things as nothing is guaranteed with the reserve list and there is not much insight as to what to expect on the list etc.
Thanks for the reply!
Reddy5001
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ellie_gx)
Yeah I think I will just apply for other things as nothing is guaranteed with the reserve list and there is not much insight as to what to expect on the list etc.
Thanks for the reply!
It's ok , hopefully they give you something for being on the reserve list and if you can get onto the reserve list for the TSP then I reckon you could pass and EO (O in HMRC) interview. I originally passed the SJT for the TSP back in 2020 but they raised the pass mark which meant I didn't get to the next stage. Following this I applied for AO and EO jobs in the civil service and even though it's quite a long process, I'm waiting on a start date for an EO grade caseworker in HMRC.

Good luck with the job search, it's normal for it to take a while but you'll get there eventually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads