tastyroaches
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering how much of an impact year 10 will have on my predicted grades. My depression took it’s toll on me throughout that year which pretty much dropped both my grades and attendance record, but having started year 11 and therapy and somewhat had got rid of the problem, my grades are doing fairly better now. For example, I went from 4s and 5s in the beginning of chemistry to 8s and 9s now.

Also, wil SATs predicted grades also have any impact at all? I know it’s not necessarily the best indicator of actual GCSE results, but I’m heavily relying on the fact that it was somewhat high.
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
SATs won’t have an impact (it didn’t at my school anyway) but my Yr 10 mocks caused my predicted grades to drop (I was predicted 8’s and 9’s, got 6’s in science so my science predicted grades went down to 7’s) HOWEVER! Your predicted grades are not your final grades. I came out of GCSEs with my science grades all higher than my predicted grades so don’t let your predicted grades determine how good you are let them be a driving factor to prove you can do better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.67%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.67%
Finding the motivation (32)
26.67%
Getting distracted (16)
13.33%
Procrastination (49)
40.83%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads