mandolor
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

I got rejected from Exeter and they said that i do meet the entry requirements, without stating which one.

But i got an offer from Strathclyde which sort of had the same requirements so I’m confused.

I’m waiting for Aberdeen to get back to me, if they give me an offer, should i go for Aberdeen or Strathclyde?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mandolor)

I got rejected from Exeter and they said that i do meet the entry requirements, without stating which one.

But i got an offer from Strathclyde which sort of had the same requirements so I’m confused.
You know unis don't give offers based on just the entry requirements right?
micholate9
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What course was this for?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

I’m waiting for Aberdeen to get back to me, if they give me an offer, should i go for Aberdeen or Strathclyde?
hey I am sorry to hear that but they also consider your extra actives what you have done outside of your course etc.
But did they not make an offer for other course tho because most of the time they do make an offer if they reject you for that specific course.
ReadandBench
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Aberdeen, much better uni, and depending on the subject rank can matter
mandolor
Rep:
(Original post by micholate9)
What course was this for?
Finance and Management
micholate9
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Finance and Management
Sorry to hear that. Unis do look at your PS and extra curriculars and stuff too.

Tbh nobody can tell you which one to pick! Have a look at the different modules taught, any opportunities for placements, social life, accommodation options, student satisfaction etc. Also look at where grads end up working. Hopefully that will help you decide. Good luck!
econhelp525
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was under the impression Exeter (in particular) gave offers to people who met their entry requirements (for the majority of courses). That's what they said in an email I received way back when I was applying in 2019
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Finance and Management
what was your gcse grades and your current predicted grade
Amydesigns1104
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

Well which uni fo you prefer? The choice is totally yours
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by econhelp525)
I was under the impression Exeter (in particular) gave offers to people who met their entry requirements (for the majority of courses). That's what they said in an email I received way back when I was applying in 2019
I think the OP made a typo and meant 'I don't meet ...'
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ReadandBench)
Aberdeen, much better uni, and depending on the subject rank can matter
It certainy isn't ...
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amydesigns1104)
Well which uni fo you prefer? The choice is totally yours
what are the others that you applying to did you get rejected from 3 of them im confused
Fruity Girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ask them to elaborate for you - could be you needed a 7 in gcse maths and it’s not the A levels that are the issue.
mandolor
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
what are the others that you applying to did you get rejected from 3 of them im confused
I applied at Exeter, Qmul, Aberdeen and Strathclyde

Exter and QMUL rejected my application, strathclyde offered me a place and I’m waiting for Aberdeen to get back to me.

Tuition at Aberdeen is 7-8K cheaper than Strathclyde and thus I’m confused if I should go with strathclyde or Aberdeen
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago

Exter and QMUL rejected my application, strathclyde offered me a place and I’m waiting for Aberdeen to get back to me.

Tuition at Aberdeen is 7-8K cheaper than Strathclyde and thus I’m confused if I should go with strathclyde or Aberdeen
what is the reason that you have been rejected everyone is asking but you do not answer
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

What are your achieved and predicted grades??
Aspstudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Where’s your 5th choice?
mandolor
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
what is the reason that you have been rejected everyone is asking but you do not answer
Yeah sorry, they’re saying that my undergrad GPA is less than 2:2, when i calculated it is almost 2:1

I emailed them about this and they’re giving me vague answers
mandolor
Rep:
(Original post by Aspstudent)
Where’s your 5th choice?
I’ve applied at 2 more universities, Aston and Dundee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.78%
Okay (106)
29.61%
A bit lacking (130)
36.31%
Not good at all (87)
24.3%

Watched Threads