Chocoholic139
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey y’all

So basically I’m in year 12 and do the following subjects:
•maths Edexcel
• business aqa
•psychology aqa

Now I didn’t choose business and psychology because I did bad in my GCSE’s, in fact I got all 8/9s so the only reason I didn’t choose subjects like chem is because I don’t feel like I would be anything associated with it in the future and I’m not putting myself through so much stress for no reason, even tho it’s a respected subject.

Sometimes I feel like I’ve wasted my GCSE’s but then again if I do want to do anything realllyyyy badly associated with medicine etc I can do a course for chem whatever possibilities are endless.

Here’s the confusing part; for psychology and business my target grade is a* which I’m not happy about because this means I have to work twice as hard to achieve that since I can’t exceed it I have lots of pressure on me.

Psychology is alright jus my essay work needs some improving but for business, the content is wayyy too much and sometimes I don’t understand everything. Also for business I have no clue how to answer the questions so that’s lovely

Can someone please help me out on what I should do because I’m really struggling out here ahhh

Thanks in advance 😊
Ylife
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chocoholic139)
Hey y’all

So basically I’m in year 12 and do the following subjects:
•maths Edexcel
• business aqa
•psychology aqa

Now I didn’t choose business and psychology because I did bad in my GCSE’s, in fact I got all 8/9s so the only reason I didn’t choose subjects like chem is because I don’t feel like I would be anything associated with it in the future and I’m not putting myself through so much stress for no reason, even tho it’s a respected subject.

Sometimes I feel like I’ve wasted my GCSE’s but then again if I do want to do anything realllyyyy badly associated with medicine etc I can do a course for chem whatever possibilities are endless.

Here’s the confusing part; for psychology and business my target grade is a* which I’m not happy about because this means I have to work twice as hard to achieve that since I can’t exceed it I have lots of pressure on me.

Psychology is alright jus my essay work needs some improving but for business, the content is wayyy too much and sometimes I don’t understand everything. Also for business I have no clue how to answer the questions so that’s lovely

Can someone please help me out on what I should do because I’m really struggling out here ahhh

Thanks in advance 😊
Hi!

I didn't take psychology or business (I took the classic bio, chem, maths lol) but from what we've been told, target grades are based off of really random stuff like your progress since year 6 SATs and what you got in your GCSEs so I wouldn't worry too much about them! Your actual predicted grades could end up being different by the end of year 12, so my advice would be just to ignore the target grades.
Try not to put too much pressure on yourself! As long as you work consistently (and don't burn yourself out) you will be ok!
Last edited by Ylife; 1 month ago
Chocoholic139
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ylife)
Hi!

I didn't take psychology or business (I took the classic bio, chem, maths lol) but from what we've been told, target grades are based off of really random stuff like your progress since year 6 SATs and what you got in your GCSEs so I wouldn't worry too much about them! Your actual predicted grades could end up being different by the end of year 12, so my advice would be just to ignore the target grades.
Try not to put too much pressure on yourself! As long as you work consistently (and don't burn yourself out) you will be ok!
Thank youuuu

I’m struggling on how to revise for everything and even tho we are doing less subjects, it seems like I am doing more than I did at gcse which is so weird
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did both psychology and business A level business last year
My main tips for psychology would be:
- quizlets are really useful for learning the content
- using images makes it easier to remember the content, particularly for biopsychology
- past papers are useful for practising the technique, particularly for research methods
- I created flash cards on areas on areas I was less confident on
- practise lots of essays and ask your teacher to give feedback to enable continuous feedback

My main tips for business would be:
- again, quizlets are really useful
- use the specification to check you have covered absolutely everything in your revision
- again, do a lot of practise essays and ask your teacher to mark them
- I created a book for real life business examples to use in longer questions
- I created posters on areas I was less confident on

Hope this helps and I’m happy to answer any specific questions you have
Chocoholic139
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SB1234567890)
I did both psychology and business A level business last year
My main tips for psychology would be:
- quizlets are really useful for learning the content
- using images makes it easier to remember the content, particularly for biopsychology
- past papers are useful for practising the technique, particularly for research methods
- I created flash cards on areas on areas I was less confident on
- practise lots of essays and ask your teacher to give feedback to enable continuous feedback

My main tips for business would be:
- again, quizlets are really useful
- use the specification to check you have covered absolutely everything in your revision
- again, do a lot of practise essays and ask your teacher to mark them
- I created a book for real life business examples to use in longer questions
- I created posters on areas I was less confident on

Hope this helps and I’m happy to answer any specific questions you have
Thank you this is sooo helpful 😇😇
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads