User_2804122826
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How long do these unis typically take to get back to you with an offer?
-Oxford
-Imperial
-Durham
-Bath
-Bristol
Thanks
Last edited by User_2804122826; 6 months ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by User_2804122826)
-Oxford
-Imperial
-Durham
-Bath
-Bristol
Thanks
The average decision time for any Uni is 7 weeks. Oxbridge, Imperial, Bath won’t start making decisions until after January. Any decision received before May is a bonus.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
-Oxford
-Imperial
-Durham
-Bath
-Bristol
Thanks
Bristol (at least historically) have a reputation for making people wait until the spring.
arlene1202
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
-Oxford
-Imperial
-Durham
-Bath
-Bristol
Thanks
heard that you wait at least until mid-November for an invitation for interview at Oxford

and until January at the earliest for offers, it’s just downright nerve-wracking!!
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by arlene1202)
heard that you wait at least until mid-November for an invitation for interview at Oxford

and until January at the earliest for offers, it’s just downright nerve-wracking!!
people I know are already receiving offers, but I havent got any, its really stressful
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Bristol (at least historically) have a reputation for making people wait until the spring.
Thats soo far away :"(. I just want one offer to calm down
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
The average decision time for any Uni is 7 weeks. Oxbridge, Imperial, Bath won’t start making decisions until after January. Any decision received before May is a bonus.
The three I am most keen on receiving offers for.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
The three I am most keen on receiving offers for.
A quick decision from any of those three is likely to be a rejection. It can be nail biting, but so long as you have heard nothing, you are still in the running.
Fruity Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
You have picked 5 of which I know 4 definitely offer late - not sure about imperial. They get all forms in first. Are you doing a test for your course at Oxford or just interviews for your course? Fingers crossed you get offered an interview soon as that would be something to focus on. They are all great unis. Many students are waiting on schools to complete refs and send forms in while watching others get offers from the unis they will be applying to so everyone nervous. Deep breath snd go and try and enjoy the half term break.
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
A quick decision from any of those three is likely to be a rejection. It can be nail biting, but so long as you have heard nothing, you are still in the running.
True I will just try to focus on school.. eventhough it would be good to know that i am going to ANY uni
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by Fruity Girl)
You have picked 5 of which I know 4 definitely offer late - not sure about imperial. They get all forms in first. Are you doing a test for your course at Oxford or just interviews for your course? Fingers crossed you get offered an interview soon as that would be something to focus on. They are all great unis. Many students are waiting on schools to complete refs and send forms in while watching others get offers from the unis they will be applying to so everyone nervous. Deep breath snd go and try and enjoy the half term break.
Yes i have a test for oxford, hopefully i will be selected for an interview. I also have an interview from imperial, they said that should be in December but thats before the Jan deadline, so i don't know how they will decide!
Itsmikeysfault
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
What course are you applying to?
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by Itsmikeysfault)
What course are you applying to?
Engineering
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I’m the rarity here but I applied to Durham, Exeter, Sheffield, Loughborough and Kings. The fastest replies I got were from Durham and Exeter; I put my application in at the last minute but managed to get a reply from both of them within a week. The others took about a couple of weeks but nothing more
Itsmikeysfault
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Engineering
I thought so. Me too
User_2804122826
Rep:
(Original post by Itsmikeysfault)
I thought so. Me too
Did u apply to the same unis? Also which strand of eng?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Bath hasnt made any offers at all yet ..........
And speed of offers mean nothing significant - it certainly doent mean 'they really want me'.
Itsmikeysfault
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Did u apply to the same unis? Also which strand of eng?
Cambridge, Imperial, Bath, Bristol, and Warwick. General at Cambridge and mechanical at the rest
arlene1202
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by brjf)
I’m the rarity here but I applied to Durham, Exeter, Sheffield, Loughborough and Kings. The fastest replies I got were from Durham and Exeter; I put my application in at the last minute but managed to get a reply from both of them within a week. The others took about a couple of weeks but nothing more
what do u mean by a reply? A conditional offer?
University of Bath
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
-Oxford
-Imperial
-Durham
-Bath
-Bristol
Thanks
Hi there!

Typically at the University of Bath, offers not given out until after the UCAS deadline (January 29th). This way the admissions tutors can compare all applications and make a fair decision. So if you haven't heard anything yet try not to worry - I know it can be stressful to wait but not having heard anything is not a reflection on your applicaiton.

Do let me know if you have any questions!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
19.23%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (2)
7.69%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
15.38%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.54%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
26.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
19.23%

Watched Threads